Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

paulWTAMU
Emperor Gerbilius I
Topic Author

my damn tv died again!

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:42 pm

I crapped out once in warranty and got repaired. This time it's out of warranty and I'm stuck without a TV :x I don't even have a spare thousand laying around to buy another one, since our water line broke last weekend and we're out major monies for that. WTH !
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.

potatochobit
Gerbil Elite

Re: my damn tv died again!

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:45 pm

what's wrong with your TV bro?

as long as you dont care about LCD, you can get an old 40"+ trinitron for like 100$ on craigs list

I Know I gave two away earlier this year for frees

black friday is coming soon too

and if your TV is a samsung you might be able to fix the power board

paulWTAMU
Emperor Gerbilius I
Topic Author

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:12 pm

yeah it's samsung. When you say fix te powerboard, do you mean me doing it, or just that' it's fixable? I'll call the repair place after we finish getting the water line fixed (2k, owch). :-/ I'm not so happy right now.
It just turned off in the middle of the movie. Made the usual shutoff noise and then won't turn back on.
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Check out the Samsung sticky thread at the top of this forum. Very probably more of the same.
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

dragmor
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:36 am

Just ask around at work / friends / neighbours. I'm sure someone has a CRT or 2 sitting the garage gathering dust. Hell I'm still using 10yr old CRT as my TV and have a relatives old (and bigger) CRT sitting in the garage doing nothing.
SZ87R6/i5 4560 stock/24GB 2333mhz/840 Evo 250GB/Seagate 2TB/ASUS 760GTX/Dell 2711
Rainbows lie in corded knots
While thunder wakes the sleeping crocs.