Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

mghong
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Ipad or Samsung galaxy ?

Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Today just try out my college Ipad and i fall in love with it function and rich of application for me and my baby as well ,

Shall i get this IPAD now or wait till Samsung Galaxy(IPAD killer) to release and compare the feature/price ? :D

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Re: Ipad or Samsung galaxy ?

Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:40 pm

Get it now. ;-)
EDIT: At the worst, Apple devices hold their value amazingly well for gadgets.
Last edited by Usacomp2k3 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

druidcent
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:15 pm

I'd wait until at least Christmas to see what's on the market so that you know what you like :)

mghong
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:59 pm

druidcent wrote:
I'd wait until at least Christmas to see what's on the market so that you know what you like :)

Sound good , in fact i only have the budget for next year wishlist..:) :D

End User

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:05 pm

mghong wrote:
Today just try out my college Ipad and i fall in love with it function and rich of application for me and my baby as well ,

Shall i get this IPAD now or wait till Samsung Galaxy(IPAD killer) to release and compare the feature/price ? :D

Area you referring to the Galaxy Tab? The biggest knock against it is that Google has stated that Froyo is not meant for tablets - http://bit.ly/acumMD

mghong
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:23 pm

End User wrote:
mghong wrote:

Area you referring to the Galaxy Tab? The biggest knock against it is that Google has stated that Froyo is not meant for tablets - http://bit.ly/acumMD

Am playing with a loaner unit if IPAD , look good but my baby initial still dont like that at all..:(

if Froyo is not a tablets OS then galaxy might be a "loser" product before it lunch ?

Corrado

Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Some people are arguing that Samsung 'fixed' Froyo with its own UI to make it work on a tablet. But further on that, Samsung's Android UIs in the past have been said to be horrible. I'd wait till its out before crowning it anything but a me too device. Wheres all the other Android tablets that were gonna crush the iPad?