Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

Which west coast team will win by the largest margin this weekend?

San Fran
1 (20%)
Oakland
No votes
San Diego
No votes
Seattle
2 (40%)
San Jose State
2 (40%)

Total votes: 5

lex-ington
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

NFL XLV - Week 7

Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:27 pm

I went 6-8 last week . . .that puts me at 46-44 for the season. What a ride!!! There were some very close games too. And the monday night game was a crazy spectacle (and a good reason why Trent Edwards should not be a QB anywhere).

Onto this weekends games.

Sunday, Oct.24
Cleveland @ New Orleans - I know I picked the Saints to win, but COME ON BROWNS!!!
Jacksonville @ Kansas City - I'm sorry, but the Jags look atrocious.
Washington @ Chicago - Bad Washington D means the offense doesn't get on the field enough.
Pittsburgh @ Miami - I do think the Dolphins can win this one like they did last week.
Cinci @ Atlanta - Weird huh! :o probably be a high scoring game too.
St. Louis @ Tampa Bay - a game no words can describe
Bauffalo @ Baltimore - Who wants to take bets as to how badly the Bills get beat this weekend.
San Fran @ Carolina - UGHH!!!
Philly @ Tenhnessee - Stop the run guys . . . . .stop the run.
Arizona @ Seattle - The BEAST!!
Oakland @ Denver - My upset pick of the week (is this really an upset though???
New England @ San Diego - Somebody from the Charger's front office/coaching staff will be fired soon.
Minnesota @ Green Bay - Keep the faith Deanna. :roll:

Monday, Oct.25
NYG @ Dallas - Its about time that coach gets removed from the sidelines . . . . .along with the owner. . . . and the QB :evil:

Byes: Detroit, Houston, Indy, NYJ

Rosters people . . ROSTERS!!!
Last edited by lex-ington on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. . . this is the digital projection of your mental self. . . .

sironomus
Gerbil

Re: NFL XLV - Week 7

Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:31 pm

Even though its not on the weekend, the answer tot he pole is the Oregon Ducks. They might all be going to prison because they murdered UCLA

lex-ington wrote:
Who wants to take bets as to how badly the Bills get beat this weekend.

As a bills fan I resent that remark...that said you'd be crazy to pick buffalo this week. Or any week really.

Sunday, Oct.24
Cleveland @ New Orleans
Jacksonville @ Kansas City - does Jacksonville even have a QB? No seriously, it might be a TE lining up behind center.
Washington @ Chicago
Pittsburgh @ Miami - I was impressed by both teams last week. Should be a good one.
Cinci @ Atlanta
St. Louis @ Tampa Bay
Bauffalo @ Baltimore - bills lead the race to the no 1 draft choice. See if they can waste it on another RB with no O line.
San Fran @ Carolina
Philly @ Tennessee
Arizona @ Seattle
Oakland @ Denver - only only one bay area team is allowed to win this Sunday. Phillies beat Giants too if it goes to 7 :cry:
New England @ San Diego
Minnesota @ Green Bay - always a good game. Rogers makes the difference

Monday, Oct.25
NYG @ Dallas

MixedPower
Gerbil Elite

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:01 am

The bye week couldn't come sooner. The Colts are about six injuries away from playing the practice squad each week. :-?

Sunday, Oct.24
Cleveland @ ]New Orleans
Jackson-ville @ Kansas City
Washington @ Chicago - As Skyring will tell you, Cutler just needed the right system to be the quarterback we know he is. :lol:
Pittsburgh @ South Beach - Big Ben in South Beach? HAND CHECK!
Cincinnati @ Atlanta
St. Louis @ Tampa Bay
Buffalo @ Baltimore
San Francisco @ Carolina - If the Panthers can't win this game they may be worse than the Bills.
Philadelphia @ Tennessee
Arizona @ Seattle - My expert opinion is that someone will win this game.
Oakland @ Denver
New England @ San Diego - You know your special teams unit is bad when you have the best statistical offense and defense in the league and are 2-4.
Minnesota @ Green Bay - I think the Packers will have serious trouble running the ball and defending the run.

Monday, Oct.25
Giants @ Dallas - Wade isn't Texas toast quite yet.
i5 4690K | Sabertooth Z97 Mk2 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | GTX 970 | 500GB 840 Evo + 500GB Spinpoint F3 | Xonar DSX | SS-660XP2 | Heligon | FT05 | U2413 + 2209WA | Corsair K90 | Logitech G502 | ProMedia 2.1 | Win 10 Pro x64

lex-ington
Topic Author

Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:29 pm

I don't know what's going on today!!!!

Baltimore getting destroyed by Buffalo? :o
Both of my defenses sucking? :o (Baltimore & Cinci)
Drew Brees sucking? :evil:

Skrying
Gerbil Jedi

Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Cutler is a good quarterback, he's just got no offensive line. Zero.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Chicago's offensive line is one of the worst in run blocking and is the worst in passing protection. It doesn't matter what system or who is behind the center for the Bear's. He's not going to have a good season.

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:26 pm

I think I may actually burn one of my Broncos hats tomorrow.

That's just embarrassing to lose that bad even without half of your regular starters.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

MixedPower
Gerbil Elite

Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:02 pm

Skrying wrote:
Cutler is a good quarterback, he's just got no offensive line. Zero.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Chicago's offensive line is one of the worst in run blocking and is the worst in passing protection. It doesn't matter what system or who is behind the center for the Bear's. He's not going to have a good season.

While Chicago's line is definitely bad, that doesn't shift all of the blame from Cutler. He isn't making good decisions on throws and isn't getting the ball out fast enough like a good quarterback should.
i5 4690K | Sabertooth Z97 Mk2 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | GTX 970 | 500GB 840 Evo + 500GB Spinpoint F3 | Xonar DSX | SS-660XP2 | Heligon | FT05 | U2413 + 2209WA | Corsair K90 | Logitech G502 | ProMedia 2.1 | Win 10 Pro x64

Skrying
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:19 pm

I'm not saying Cutler doesn't have faults. He does make some bad decisions. I think the perception of his release time is largely due to the offensive line (it's not just bad, it's the worst in the league). He's still a good quaterback. Since he's been in Chicago he has yet to play behind even a mediocre line.

lex-ington
Topic Author

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Like Ryan Fitzpatrick, but at least Chicago has a real defense and one hell of an RB in Forte.

CJ Spiller has a lot of growing pains to go through ( as the fumble on the return yesterday demonstrates) and the owner LOVES throwing away picks on people they don't need.

As the Patriots are demonstrating, you don't need a high profile WR to win ( I still don't know how they're winning anything).

As MInnesota is demonstrating, no matter how many high profile players you have on one team, it does not guarantee wins. And I really don't want to hear the NFL sympathizing with Favre right now about his ankle!! This is the same crap he did while playing for the Jets - refusing to sit his old ass down until he is in top form to play. He always knows when he's hurting and always refuses to move out of the way.

Sean Payton looks as though he can maul his entire team.

The NFL NEEDS to change that stupid rule about if you land on someone in-bounds and then land out-of-bounds, then you're out -STUPID RULE!!! :evil:

What happened in Miami yesterday?

Chargers coach will be fired very soon. Arizona needs a QB.

I bet Trent Edwards thought he might actually get playing time yesterday. What a joke he's turned out to be.

GO COLT McCOY!!! Tim Tebow can suck it.

Sam Bradford looks like he may become a pretty good QB if he can hold it together mentally from all the losses they will have this year.

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:59 pm

It looks like Romo's going on the IR.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:15 pm

JustAnEngineer wrote:

And the triumphant Super Bowl season Jerry had planned for the JerryDome is toast. Looks like it's time to swap out Dallas WRs seeing as the replacement is Jon Kitna.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:28 pm

I had Dez Bryant on the bench this week. Fortunately, the combination of Carson Palmer and Chad Ochocinco came up big.

IAmGhostDog
Gerbil Elite

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:30 am

Captain Ned wrote:
JustAnEngineer wrote:

And the triumphant Super Bowl season Jerry had planned for the JerryDome is toast.

Yup/
Watched some of the second half last night.
The sour look on Jerry's face/
Priceless.
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3 | XFX R9 390 | Win7 x64
HT Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll w/ Stanton 681EEE MKlll | Klipsch Promedia v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:36 am

Kissing Suzy Kolber should be really good this week.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.