I jumped ship! New Matrox Moderator needed. Details inside.

Don't see a specific place for your hardware question? This is the forum for you!

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nemesis

Postposted on Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:07 pm

thegleek wrote:ask yerself how many posts YOU would have if you had eight hours a day to spend just on this forums waiting for something new to talk about or to answer someone's ramblings.... this is why my post count rises as such.

Gleek, I assume you post while on the job based on the 8 hours per day quote. What kind of job do you do ? I would guess that you are a Unix administrator (kind of like the Maytag repairman, waiting around for things to fix, but nothing ever breaks) based on a few of your previous posts a while back.

I agree that at this time, Matrox perhaps no longer deserves its own category.
slymaster
Gerbil XP
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Postposted on Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:44 pm

Damage wrote:Ok, emkubed has the job. :)


Thank you. I will do my best.
Semi-official TR gaming group at http://www.coldblackeyes.com/forums/
emkubed
Gerbil Elder
 
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:28 am
Location: Limbo

Postposted on Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:04 pm

emkubed wrote:
Damage wrote:Ok, emkubed has the job. :)


Thank you. I will do my best.

And I was planning to vote on thegleek :)
"I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image." -- Stephen Hawking
element
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
 
Posts: 2172
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: South Pole

Postposted on Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:32 pm

Somebody mentioned Number 9! Tears welling up in my eyes, Oh Where Oh Where did you go Number 9! :cry:

P.S. I like the choice for new moderator, Stand proud emkubed
"Klaatu, Barrada Nikto!"
<img src="http://www.sparrowbot.com/Sigs/sig1.php?designer=drfish&sigid=8&user=niteslayer">
Niteslayer
Gerbil Jedi
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: Peoples Republic of Taxachusetts not Romneyville anymore, boy are we screwed!

Postposted on Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:51 pm

Congratz emkubed!

Here are the keys. [hands over key ring]


:D
WebHobbit
Gerbil Team Leader
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Indiana - USA

Postposted on Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:07 am

slymaster wrote:Gleek, I assume you post while on the job based on the 8 hours per day quote. What kind of job do you do ? I would guess that you are a Unix administrator (kind of like the Maytag repairman, waiting around for things to fix, but nothing ever breaks) based on a few of your previous posts a while back.

I agree that at this time, Matrox perhaps no longer deserves its own category.


correct you are. i'm a unix sysadmin. things DO break (rarely), but most
of the problems are PEBUAK (problem exists between user and keyboard)
and that pretty much takes up much of the unnecessary time to set these
people straight. when nothing else is going on, sure why not - it's forum
posting time! :D
Image
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 7360
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:06 am
Location: Detroit, MI

Postposted on Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:09 am

element wrote:
emkubed wrote:
Damage wrote:Ok, emkubed has the job. :)


Thank you. I will do my best.

And I was planning to vote on thegleek :)


lol yeah congratz to emkubed.. although i think this will be the busiest
this forum section has ever been... the switching of mods that is..
otherwise this section has been a ghosttown here... best of luck!
Image
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 7360
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:06 am
Location: Detroit, MI

Postposted on Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:52 pm

Congrats Emkubed :D I hope that you enjoy your new forum, and help it grow and become more popular. Webhobbit we will all miss you. :wink:
Image
Abit BP6 2X 300A@450 mhz, 1.5 GB PC133 ECC, Renditon Verite V2200, SB AWE32, Adaptec 2940U2W, 4.3GB Quantum Atlas 10K, Plextor Ultraplex
Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus
 
Posts: 11707
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:43 am
Location: Evergreen Park, IL

Postposted on Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:48 pm

We love you webhobbit! lol
the_silver_bullet24
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
 
Posts: 3249
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:04 pm
Location: The Great White North

Postposted on Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:48 pm

thegleek wrote:
slymaster wrote:Gleek, I assume you post while on the job based on the 8 hours per day quote. What kind of job do you do ? I would guess that you are a Unix administrator (kind of like the Maytag repairman, waiting around for things to fix, but nothing ever breaks) based on a few of your previous posts a while back.

I agree that at this time, Matrox perhaps no longer deserves its own category.


correct you are. i'm a unix sysadmin. things DO break (rarely), but most
of the problems are PEBUAK (problem exists between user and keyboard)
and that pretty much takes up much of the unnecessary time to set these
people straight. when nothing else is going on, sure why not - it's forum
posting time! :D


That's PEBKAC:

Problem
Exists
Between
Keyboard
And
Chair
WebHobbit
Gerbil Team Leader
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Indiana - USA

Postposted on Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:53 pm

At this time webhobbit...i would like to thank you for clearing up that minor detail :wink: Also sorry to see u go....
LicketySplit
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 24535
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Soap Lake, Wa

Postposted on Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:46 am

WebHobbit wrote:That's PEBKAC:

Problem
Exists
Between
Keyboard
And
Chair


lol omg yer so right... i couldnt think that day, so i knew i was 1/2 right!
Image
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 7360
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:06 am
Location: Detroit, MI

Previous

Return to General Hardware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests