Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Starfalcon

Slappa
Gerbil
Topic Author

Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) Evaporator – Part 1: Unboxing

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:58 pm

http://slappablog.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/liquid-nitrogen-ln2-evaporator-ln2cooling-com-part-1-unboxing/

I know some of you saw my recent dry ice runs on my Phenom II rig. In a few threads I discussed that for my next run I will have a different pot to play around with --- and I assure you that promise was kept.

I got in touch with a friend and he agreed to let me take one of his cooling pots for a spin. Aaron Schradin of LN2Cooling.com has lent me an excellent pot to play around with and review for all of you guys. This pot is usually meant for the purpose of running under LN2 and LHe4. This is seen in the many AMD world record breaking overclocking attempts, which can all be seen over at amdblackops.com. However I will be playing around with the dry ice performance of this pot, which has mostly been overlooked until now.

The new little toy in town is in fact not little at all. This pot is huge. Much larger than the previous aluminum cooling pot I have been benchmarking with. There is also a lot of mass to work with which in turn equals to better cooling. Combine that mass with high quality copper and lots of surface area and you have yourself an excellent cooling pot.

The full review will be coming in the next few weeks. For now, feast your eyes on the unboxing of this badboy:

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Re: Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) Evaporator – Part 1: Unboxing

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:53 pm

OK, your benefactor has done liquid He4. Go all out and try liquid He3.

[/pulls pin, chucks, and ducks]
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

Slappa
Gerbil
Topic Author

Re: Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) Evaporator – Part 1: Unboxing

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:27 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
OK, your benefactor has done liquid He4. Go all out and try liquid He3.

[/pulls pin, chucks, and ducks]

:D

We all wish we had the money for any type of Liquid Helium