Kevin Durant
No votes

Total votes: 7

lex-ington
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

NFL XLV - Week 10

Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:29 pm

I can't believe we're at Thursday night games already!!!

Thursday, Nov.11
Baltimore @ Atlanta - That's my pick. I hardly doubt it'll happen, but I'm sticking with it.

Sunday, Nov.14
Detroit @ Buffalo - I think the Bills will make a real effort to win today.
Minnesota @ Chicago - PLEASE!!! someone knock out Brett Favre
NYJ @ Cleveland - My upset pick of the week.
Cinci @ Indy
Houston @ Jacksonville
Tennessee @ Miami
Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Kansas City @ Denver
Seattle @ Arizona
Dallas @ NYG
St. Louis @ San Fran
New England @ Pittsburgh

Monday, Nov.15
Philly @ Washington

Byes: Green Bay, New Orleans, Oakland, San Diego
Last edited by lex-ington on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
. . . this is the digital projection of your mental self. . . .

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Re: NFL XLV - Week 10

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:39 pm

did Matt Ryan become a top tier QB tonight?
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:46 pm

Ryan has done well right from the beginning. He and Roddy White seem to have a good rapport.

Grape Flavor
Gerbil Team Leader

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:14 am

Yeah, big congrats to Matt Ryan and the Falcons. Your last-minute heroics have brought jubilation to many in the fine cities of Atlanta and Pittsburgh.

Grape Flavor
Gerbil Team Leader

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:12 am

Well, an awful, awful loss tonight. Screwed once again by the Patriots. :(

I can only take comfort in the facts that this is a regular-season game, the Steelers may learn from their mistakes, and the Ravens lost as well.

I hope Ward is okay and that completely unnecessary hit gets a fine. I'm no rules expert but that was an intentional, controlled helmet-to-helmet spear and seems to me like the exact sort of thing that they should be discouraging. :evil:

DancinJack
Maximum Gerbil

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:26 am

That was probably the best performance I've seen in a long time by the Pats. They really dominated that whole game. As for the hit, I don't think it was near as bad as some of the others this season. I'm sure he'll get a small fine and poof! it's gone. They need to start implementing ejections if they want to get anywhere with those hits. Fining an NFL player max of 50K doesn't do anything.
i7 6700K - Z170 - 16GiB DDR4 - GTX 1080 - 512GB SSD - 256GB SSD - 500GB SSD - 3TB HDD- 27" IPS G-sync - Win10 Pro x64 - Ubuntu/Mint x64 :: 2015 13" rMBP Sierra :: Canon EOS 80D/Sony RX100

Grape Flavor
Gerbil Team Leader

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:43 am

DancinJack wrote:
That was probably the best performance I've seen in a long time by the Pats. They really dominated that whole game. As for the hit, I don't think it was near as bad as some of the others this season. I'm sure he'll get a small fine and poof! it's gone. They need to start implementing ejections if they want to get anywhere with those hits. Fining an NFL player max of 50K doesn't do anything.

I know the fine doesn't really do anything, but if they're going to fine James Harrison every time his helmet taps another player's, they should fine that guy for that hit. It's a matter of fairness. Ward was already tackled, basically, and this guy runs up and spears him in the head anyway. It was a dirty hit and should be recognized as such.

DancinJack
Maximum Gerbil

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 am

Grape Flavor wrote:
I know the fine doesn't really do anything, but if they're going to fine James Harrison every time his helmet taps another player's, they should fine that guy for that hit. It's a matter of fairness. Ward was already tackled, basically, and this guy runs up and spears him in the head anyway. It was a dirty hit and should be recognized as such.

I only saw a replay, but did they call a penalty on it? I imagine if he got called for a personal foul he'll probably get fined. I agree though that they should fine, or enact whatever penalty, across the board for those hits. And since you mention Harrison i'll comment on that. He's not a dirty player nor do I think he aims for those hits. He just plays hard all the time and gets caught in a bad position sometimes. Shame that it puts other players in jeopardy though. By the way, props to the Cowboys and Broncos today.
i7 6700K - Z170 - 16GiB DDR4 - GTX 1080 - 512GB SSD - 256GB SSD - 500GB SSD - 3TB HDD- 27" IPS G-sync - Win10 Pro x64 - Ubuntu/Mint x64 :: 2015 13" rMBP Sierra :: Canon EOS 80D/Sony RX100

Grape Flavor
Gerbil Team Leader

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:35 am

DancinJack wrote:
I only saw a replay, but did they call a penalty on it? I imagine if he got called for a personal foul he'll probably get fined. I agree though that they should fine, or enact whatever penalty, across the board for those hits. And since you mention Harrison i'll comment on that. He's not a dirty player nor do I think he aims for those hits. He just plays hard all the time and gets caught in a bad position sometimes. Shame that it puts other players in jeopardy though. By the way, props to the Cowboys and Broncos today.

There was no penalty, but several of the hits bringing fines lately were not penalized on the field.

And yeah, didn't see those coming, particularly the Boys. I thought they were going to get, to quote Emmitt Smith, "debacled".

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:31 pm

Looks like the Redskins are trying to "break" their own record:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1940_NFL_Championship_Game
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

Grape Flavor
Gerbil Team Leader

Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:14 am

Huh, another unpredictable week.

lex-ington: 6-8
WhatIfSports computer simulation: 5-9