Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

Hellsbellboy
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Windows XP Pro Taskbar/quick launch

Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:03 pm

Yesturday.. I unlocked my taskbar to put in a new shortcut into my quicklaunch and accidently resized my Taskbar up a notch. LOL so now it's a little taller then it was. So I tried to drag it back down to "normal" size and now it's basically giving me 2 options.. either a size too big.. or it's completely off the screen. I just want to get it back to normal. The only way I've been able to get it back to normal so far is to turn off the quicklaunch and then it will drag and resize properly. But after resizing and I try to add quick launch.. it shoots back to the bigger size. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

absurdity
Gerbil Elite

Tue Apr 09, 2002 5:29 pm

Is it possibly using large icons in the quicklaunch bar? I'm not sure if there's a way to set this or not, but it's my best guess.

murray
Gerbil XP

Wed Apr 10, 2002 10:57 pm

Mine did the same thing for a bit. I fixed it by fiddling with it excessively and angrily shaking my fist at my monitor to demonstrate that I was serious. Try making sure the quicklaunch bar isn't too long, whatever algorithm XP uses to "streamline" layout of the taskbar is kind of funky (like Cosmic Strut).