Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Creech
Gerbil
Topic Author

Vindictus

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:59 pm

I just found this game called Vindictus and it looks like it might be pretty fun.

http://vindictus.nexon.net/

Has anyone played this or heard anything about it? Looks like it might be a little lacking as far as customization and content, but it's pretty new.

Also, it's free, if you were wondering. :)

Ttocs
Gerbil Elite

Re: Vindictus

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:21 am

It's fun, and it's different, to a point Despite the XP levels being doubled for the western version, the game gets pretty grindy and boring. I have a Level 24 fiona and got bored of it. I didn't even make it to hammers. If there was more interesting boss encounters in the game, it might be worth picking up again.

StuG
Graphmaster Gerbil

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:57 am

I try to stay away from anything Nexon makes. Micro-transfer games are extremely frustrating IMO. To fight people that have a supremely unfair advantage cause they have cash to burn. ><

Vinceant
Gerbil XP

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:46 am

StuG wrote:
I try to stay away from anything Nexon makes. Micro-transfer games are extremely frustrating IMO. To fight people that have a supremely unfair advantage cause they have cash to burn. ><

I would say Nexon games are pretty good about keeping that to a minimum. Most of the cash bought stuff is cosmetic in both Nexon games I've played (Vindictus and Dungeon Fighter Online).

Ttocs hit the nail on the head. It's fun but grindy. The normal missions get extremely boring and tedious, as there's very little variation in monster types. I've got a level 18 mage and Fiona, and just got bored after awhile.
Vae victus.

StuG
Graphmaster Gerbil

Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:26 am

Its particularly bad with Combat Arms

Ttocs
Gerbil Elite

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:44 pm

StuG wrote:

Firstly, you're not really "competing" against anyone in Vindictus, as it's a PvE only game. Second, there was some concern about their limiting dungeon runs too much because their original plan for release was to release tokens too infrequently. They've since increased it and it's much better. The game costs nothing to play and to put in ~2-3 hours/day with. If you want to play more, or have a slightly better item, then a couple bucks here and there isn't an issue.

Vinceant
Gerbil XP

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Ttocs wrote:
StuG wrote:

Firstly, you're not really "competing" against anyone in Vindictus, as it's a PvE only game. Second, there was some concern about their limiting dungeon runs too much because their original plan for release was to release tokens too infrequently. They've since increased it and it's much better. The game costs nothing to play and to put in ~2-3 hours/day with. If you want to play more, or have a slightly better item, then a couple bucks here and there isn't an issue.

Why is it that people are so hesitant to pay for stuff in certain free to play games? The company has to make a profit somehow, and charging significantly less than a monthly fee for average paid use seems fine by me. In fact, I like that model better than the monthly fee model.
Vae victus.

khands
Graphmaster Gerbil

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:54 am

I've got 9/4/3/and 1 pretty bad :/
X __________________________