Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Topic Author

Darksiders = Awesome

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:11 am

It's absolute fun, the story line is great. I would recommend anyone who enjoyed Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver or Prince of Persia. I have already invested 9 hours and i think i have hardly completed 10%.

Pros: Great story line, great game play, good graphics, loads of puzzles (Some are really good), lots of bosses to fight (They are really big in size)
Cons: Lots of keys to press for some good power moves, some times it gets repetitive fighting with enemies. Traveling sucks.

NeronetFi
Gerbil First Class

Re: Darksiders = Awesome

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:27 am

I just finished my second run through of Darksiders PC on Apocalyptic collecting all of the Abysmal armor and shards. Total game play for 2 runs 83 Hrs. I loved that game now I am having a hard time finding another game like it on PC. I have been trying to locate the old Legacy of Kain soul Reaver games, since it reminds me so much of that.

Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:44 am

NeronetFi wrote:
I just finished my second run through of Darksiders PC on Apocalyptic collecting all of the Abysmal armor and shards. Total game play for 2 runs 83 Hrs. I loved that game now I am having a hard time finding another game like it on PC. I have been trying to locate the old Legacy of Kain soul Reaver games, since it reminds me so much of that.

I thought in second run, you get the armor from the beginning.

NeronetFi
Gerbil First Class

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:29 am

I didn't collect everything on the first run through. Plus it seems the PC version has a bug that even if you collect everything it might not allow you to start with the armor on a new run.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:30 am

I got this from the steam sales for $6 and it was a welcome sleeper game. Lots of fun but had to play it on medium settings with lots of eye candy turned off. Can't wait to see it on my new rig :D

JMTR
Gerbil

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Good to know. This game looks awesome but I was unsure how it would be on the PC.

NeronetFi
Gerbil First Class

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:23 pm

It plays much better with the 360 control on the PC> the keyboard mouse input just cant match the game pad for combo moves. Don't get me wrong I prefer K/M for all the games I play on pc but this one benefited from the game pad

Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Topic Author

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:32 am

steelcity_ballin wrote:
I got this from the steam sales for $6 and it was a welcome sleeper game. Lots of fun but had to play it on medium settings with lots of eye candy turned off. Can't wait to see it on my new rig :D

Are you sure you are talking about Darksiders, you don't have Graphic options in this game to turn down the eye candy.