Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

Corrado
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: Groomsman gift ideas

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:38 am

Holy necropost!

To that end, I gave them all double edge safety razors, an art of shaving kit with a brush, cream, pre-shave oil and aftershave, and 100 blades.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:47 am

It was resurrected by a spammer.

I don't remember what I did for my groomsmen. :o
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

bthylafh
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:50 am

I'm not sure I gave anything to my best man and my groomswoman. It's hard to remember five years back.
Hakkaa päälle!
i7-8700K|Asus Z-370 Pro|32GB DDR4|Asus Radeon RX-580|Samsung 960 EVO 1TB|1988 Model M||Logitech MX 518 & F310|Samsung C24FG70|Dell 2209WA|ATH-M50x

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:02 pm

I've ushered a couple times, and on one of those occasions, the happy couple gave all of the groomsmen and the ushers an engraved Spyderco knife.

It wasn't necessary, but it sure was nice.
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

FireGryphon
Darth Gerbil

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:56 am

necropost from a spammer...

nevertheless, I got the Leatherman Blast for my groomsmen. Cost about $30-some-odd each, and it's infinitely more useful than most of the junk that's readily available for groomsmen gifts.
Sheep Rustlers in the sky! <S> Slapt | <S> FUI | Air Warrior II/III

Fighthouse
Gerbil Elite

Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:50 am

I have been in two weddings in the past six weeks, and got interesting gifts for each one. The first groom gave us these. They are pretty sharp (one drew blood within 10 minutes), and came with a holster, because why wouldnt you carry a throwing axe on your hip day to day.
The second groom personalized his version of the gift, which were cuff links. One guy who fishes got salmon shaped cuff links, another groomsman got his shaped like a wrench since he works on mining equipment in Ghana. I received these, because the groom and I share a passion for homebrewing.

When I got married, I gave my groomsmen personalized flasks, but the cool part was the little mini funnels that went with each one. Now they can fill their flasks without wasting half the bottle.
Does not compute