Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

dashbarron
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Amnesia Sale - Again

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:06 pm

$10 on steam right now, 50% off from $19.99. If you want a game with excellent sound quality and something that will truly terrorize you, buy this. We just don't see a lot of games like this on the market.

Cheers.

flip-mode
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Re: Amnesia Sale - Again

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Made me way, way, way too motion sick. I don't think I got 1/4 of the way through. Other than that it was OK.

Meadows
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:41 am

I've posted this before, but I'll say it again, it's the best horror game I've ever had the luck to play.
If you like that sort of thing, definitely do yourself a favour and buy it.

If you're one of the weird people who think the likes of "Dead Space" are scary (especially Dead Space 2, which has evolved into an actual joke), you will find a world of difference in Amnesia and know what it's really like to be afraid in a given setting.

Edit: even Zero Punctuation has a positive review and has been bringing it up ever since, every time a competing horror game would surface. It's that good.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:46 am

Hmmm. It looks interesting. But.......thats some scary stuff, heck even the little girl from F.E.A.R scared the ever living ***t out of me.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

dashbarron
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:27 pm

Meadows wrote:
I've posted this before, but I'll say it again, it's the best horror game I've ever had the luck to play.
If you like that sort of thing, definitely do yourself a favour and buy it.

If you're one of the weird people who think the likes of "Dead Space" are scary (especially Dead Space 2, which has evolved into an actual joke), you will find a world of difference in Amnesia and know what it's really like to be afraid in a given setting.

Edit: even Zero Punctuation has a positive review and has been bringing it up ever since, every time a competing horror game would surface. It's that good.

Right on Meadows. If you want to know what it is really like to be afraid, play this. I got a few spooks from Bioshock, but in the best possible way. A solid action FPS with some scary elements mixed in.

WalkCMD
Gerbil First Class

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:13 am

I'm about 2 hours into it. It's pretty intense. It's the fact that you can't defend yourself that gets me.
Lenovo Y560 laptop, Intel i7 Q720 1.6 Ghz
ATi 5730 1 GB, 8 GB RAM DDR3, 500 GB 7200 RPM

mmmmmdonuts21
Gerbil Elite

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:15 am

I am too scared to try this game. I have no problem doing horror films or games but when I read some reviews I got the chills.
To Start Press Any Key'. Where's the ANY key?
If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing
You know, boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like a woman. You just have to read the manual and press the right buttons.

sweatshopking
Graphmaster Gerbil

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:46 am

IMO, this is without a doubt the scariest media i've ever used. Movies don't scare me, books, don't. but damn, this game makes you so uncomfortable. Easily worth the 10$

morphine
TR Staff

Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:44 pm

It's scary for sure, *but* it doesn't quite get as scary when you realize there's no penalty for dying or otherwise failing, the enemy that killed you vanishes and that's it. That takes quite a bit of the edge off.
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

kvndoom
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:19 pm

It looks pretty wicked. I think I'll buy it tonight. won't get to play it till 2013, but oh well... :roll:
A most unfortunate, Freudian, double entendre is that hotel named "Budget Inn."