Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

FireGryphon
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

How to stop the alarm on iPhone

Mon May 09, 2011 4:55 am

I use the alarm clock on my iPhone to wake me up in the morning. It goes off when it should. I wake up, and as soon as I slide the little slider thingie and put in my passcode, the alarm stops. Simple enough right? The problem is that for whatever reason the alarm thinks it's in 'snooze' mode and will sound again in a few minutes. This continues for several iterations.

Talk about an infuriating problem. I can't find any settings anywhere to change this behavior (when the alarm sounds the only option on the screen besides the slider is a button labelled 'snooze'), so the only thing I can do is just lower the ring volume on my phone so the subsequent alarms are a lower volume. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? How can I fix this?
Sheep Rustlers in the sky! <S> Slapt | <S> FUI | Air Warrior II/III

StefanVonS
Gerbil Elite

Re: How to stop the alarm on iPhone

Mon May 09, 2011 6:14 am

I believe when you set the alarm, there is an option to snooze: on/off. With snooze off, swiping disables the alarm. If that doesn't solve your problem, I'd try a reboot of the phone next, if you haven't already. The slider should kill the alarm. Updated phone software (shouldn't be the issue) ?

liquidsquid
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon May 09, 2011 7:25 am

I thought you just shake the sh*t out of it until it flies across the room and the battery pops out. Isn't that what the gyro is for? (j/k)

Actually I though that is what an ALARM CLOCK is for. Cheap, simple, and never runs out of battery just before the alarm goes off.

Aphasia
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon May 09, 2011 6:10 pm

I get a button in the middle of the screen for snooze, and sliding kills the alarm.

FireGryphon
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Tue May 10, 2011 10:38 pm

StefanVonS wrote:
I believe when you set the alarm, there is an option to snooze: on/off. With snooze off, swiping disables the alarm.

Hadn't thought about that. Let's see if it works.
Sheep Rustlers in the sky! <S> Slapt | <S> FUI | Air Warrior II/III