Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

SS4
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Problem when exiting a game in WinXP SP3

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:33 am

Everytime i close a game my mouse start going to the top left corner of the screen and keyboard act like some keys are stuck.

I cant alt+tab or crt+alt+del, windows key wont work but if i manage to click on Start my menu scrolls super fast going up nonstop....

I've tried many thing like unplugging devices adn replugging them, going to sleep mode using the sleep button, logging off etc.. Problem persist until i reboot my computer.

Do you think it could be because of a bad registry issue somewhere? I first noticed it when exiting Mame and it did the same closing Pirate of the Burning Sea. I Havent tried more games yet as its a hassle to keep rebooting my computer with the power or reset button all the time.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Re: Problem when exiting a game in WinXP SP3

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:34 pm

PS/2 or USB mouse and keyboard?

SS4
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:09 am

Yeah, the mouse is USB and the keyboard PS/2, i tried unplugging and plugging them and it doesnt help. I really need to restart the computer to get it to stop.

I was thinking it might be because of games running under DOS but i can open a command window and close it without it happening.

SS4
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:06 pm

So any1 have any clue why my keyboard and mouse get messed up everytime i close a game? It just started doing that recently, driver issue or registry issue?? I don't think its because of USB or PS/2 since the mouse is USB and the keyboard is PS/2 and both gets messed up.

It feels like its stuck on a command like a sticky key or if window registers a new neutral zone for some commands or something...

Anyways, anything i could do or any program that could help troubleshoot coz i dont wanna go blindly registry editing or having to reinstall windows just to play games without having to reboot again.

anotherengineer
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:12 pm

USB can be hot plugged.

PS/2 can not, hot plugging PS/2 can give you issues. Try shutting down the pc and getting an adapter for your mouse and running them both on ps/2 ports.

Check your bios and make sure you have usn compatibility mode enabled also.
Life doesn't change after marriage, it changes after children!

SS4
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:16 am

lol i found the issue, it was the logitech profiler for my usb cordless rumble 2 gaming pad.
It was set to emulate mouse + keyboard for when i watch online video on the TV from the couch using it as a remote for my computer.

Profile was set with chome as persistent so i just had to change the settings and its fine now. I feel kinda stupid for not thinking about it earlier.

Anyways thx to those who took some time and tried to help, i really appreciate ^^