Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

roont
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Lenovo X200 Tablet power issue

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:00 am

Hello,

I've got a strange problem with a Lenovo X200 tablet. We had to downgrade the OS using Lenovo recovery CD's as XP is my companies standard OS and some of our applications do not run on Vista/7. I know this is not ideal, but it's required. Anyway, a while back the user started telling me the laptop was freezing, crashing, blue screening. I've poked around and found the issue comes up once the PC is brought out of Sleep/Standby. Sometimes it would even reboot just coming out of sleep. Playing around with it, I removed the Lenovo Power Management software, and that seems to have fixed the issue, as it hasnt crashed/rebooted on me after two dozen or so attempts at putting the PC to sleep and bringing it back up. So without the power management it seems to work okay, but I would still rather have all of the Lenovo software installed. Any gerbils have any other suggestions I might try? If we need to leave the power management off that's fine, the user just won't have that fancy battery guage at the bottom and would need to hover his mouse over the battery icon in the system tray to see remaining power etc..

Any ideas, help is always appreciated.
"...and she says, 'That's not my expansion slot.' So my friend says, 'That's not my gold plated 22-pin connector!! Ah-hahahaHA!"