Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SpotTheCat, Nemesis

McLaneSun
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

BitFenix Alchemy Premium Multi-Sleeved Cables

Wed May 11, 2011 4:23 am

Hello guys,

first of all I want to say "Hello" because I am new in this forum and also warn you on the other hand as I am not so experienced with hardware/components yet. I wanted to ask you guys if you have heard about the BitFenix Alchemy Premium Multi-Sleeved Cables? I have seen a video of OC3D and this media mentioned several times how good the quality is and in the end they received a Gold Award. I compared it with other cables from brands such as the ones of NZXT where Linus mentions in their video that they cheat on the sleeving a little bit. find below the videos:

OC3D BitFenix Alchemy Premium Multi-Sleeved Cables Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ72SOt_HJQ
Linus NZXT Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DT3y_Ha ... dded#at=65

Do you guys know where I can buy them? I checked Newegg but couldnt find them there...

Airmantharp
Emperor Gerbilius I

Re: BitFenix Alchemy Premium Multi-Sleeved Cables

Wed May 11, 2011 4:27 am

Welcome to the TR Forums!

A quick search using text in your post returns Bitfenix's official store.

Do they not carry what you need?

Also, those cables look sharp. If only I had a window to show them off through!

McLaneSun
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Wed May 11, 2011 4:45 am

@Airmantharp: Thanks for your promot answer! I was not aware of that BitFenix has an own store and just checked Newegg because I usually buy there... I already ordered a set of red cables from them for my new rig! (thankfully with Window!)

Can't wait till I have them...

Farting Bob
Gerbil First Class

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:07 pm

I happened to be in the market for a SATA power splitter and the first result to come up that wasnt some unknown chinese brand with £10 shipping for a 10p cable was these BitFenix coloured cables.

Must say, they are sexy, i sure wish i had a reason to kit out my PC with them, especially that i have a blue board, would go very nicely.

destroy.all.monsters
Gerbil

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:56 pm

Pricy but beautiful. Doesn't seem there's any any additional shielding so it's entirely an aesthetic thing. Still if you've got a window it's brilliant.

Only other thing I can think of is that if you build or repair rigs for your relatives (or even clients) you could color code things to take less time.

I'd have liked to have heard about how well the clips work on the sata cables though.
I have nothing against humanity that thousands of years of nuclear winter won't take care of.