Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

mghong
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Pavilion dv4-3106txt vs dm4-1201tx

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:50 am

Hi Team,

I'm helping my bro in law to check out this 2 Laptop from HP , It look like the major different was the sandy bridge CPU +GPU build in and this dv4-3106tx is look more up-to-dated..

But i remember there was a recall case for HM65 where the SATA part having some problem especially on Revision B5 chipset , can anyone advice me which to buy ? My bro in law want to use this for family and his own self-business. which i believe a I5 shall be enough .

PLs advice ?

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Re: Pavilion dv4-3106txt vs dm4-1201tx

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:11 am

I'm pretty sure you'll never see a brand new laptop in the wild today with the B3 stepping bug.

I can't find specs for the 1201tx online anywhere. The HP page doesn't even have them.

What is this person going to be doing with the laptop "for his business and family"? I'm sure you could be more vague if you tried, but specific uses would be helpful. If 3D games isn't on the list, saving money on an integrated GPU would be a fine idea. If they are, it's a bad idea.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

mghong
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Re: Pavilion dv4-3106txt vs dm4-1201tx

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:08 am

derFunkenstein wrote:
I'm pretty sure you'll never see a brand new laptop in the wild today with the B3 stepping bug.

I can't find specs for the 1201tx online anywhere. The HP page doesn't even have them.

What is this person going to be doing with the laptop "for his business and family"? I'm sure you could be more vague if you tried, but specific uses would be helpful. If 3D games isn't on the list, saving money on an integrated GPU would be a fine idea. If they are, it's a bad idea.

Yupe ,it was very weird , cant locate anything on the laptop except specification .

He is going to use this to store quotation (MS office ) and his family mainly using this for games (kid games) and watching cartoon movie + internet surfing.

while i checking on the spec , it seen like the CPU speed for sandy bridge was lower then the old i5..but dv4(Sandy bridge) have better GPU + USB3 supported.