Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Thresher

zapy
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

q about running hp proliant dl145 g2 with 2 diffrent cpus

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:02 am

Hi guys!

I have a set of HP Proliant DL 145 G2 servers and haw been running dual cpus on them for a while.
And it just came to my attention that i am running 2 different opteron cpus in them.
I am currently running:
AMD Opteron 248 - Troy - SH-E4
AMD Athlon 64 FX-2210 - SH-CG

So i am wondering if this on some level drag my performance down for those servers, iirc i have 3 servers running and i think its the same setup in all of them.
Would it be wise to switch them?
Say run 1 server with only Opteron and 1 only with FX-2210 and one mixed?

edit:
the FX-2210 is a 1.8 ghz dual core cpu according to cpuworld? hwinfo32 and cat /proc/cpu says 2210 mhz but none of them report that its running dual core ?!

Hallucin8
Gerbil

Re: q about running hp proliant dl145 g2 with 2 diffrent cpu

Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:29 am

To be honest, I'm surprised they boot that way. I'd try to keep the same CPU in each server and not run them mixed. I guess it depends on if you can bring them down and play with them (hopefully these aren't in a production environment)

zapy
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Re: q about running hp proliant dl145 g2 with 2 diffrent cpu

Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:16 pm

Hallucin8 wrote:
To be honest, I'm surprised they boot that way. I'd try to keep the same CPU in each server and not run them mixed. I guess it depends on if you can bring them down and play with them (hopefully these aren't in a production environment)

well they are in a production environment, but they are only running some Counter-Strike 1.6 servers so we can take em down whenever we need to :P
ill let it be for the moment, just bought some more ram from e-bay so ill just wait until then.

thy for the input