Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

Mondos
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Nexus S on AT&T? (With Contract)

Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:59 pm

I have decided to change my carrier because Verizon is being a royal jerk. I have choosen between AT&T and Sprint. At first I was going to go with Sprint because I saw they had a Nexus S (with a contract) for $30! I later found out that AT&T has better reception in my area, so I checked their site out. Even though the Nexus S just nearly came out, I can't find it on their site at all.

Did they discontinue it or am I just going crazy? I couldn't get any help from AT&T because you have to be a client to speak with a representative in chat.
EVGA GTX 570 | Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz | Gigabyte Mobo (GA-EP35-DS3L) | 4Gb Memory @ 800Mhz | 1TB HD | Corsair 650 PSU | Antec 900 Twin Black Tower | Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

liquidsquid
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: Nexus S on AT&T? (With Contract)

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Looks to be Sprint only. What I have found with Samsung is they target specific carriers with unique model names and outer shells, but the guts are similar/same such as the Galaxy S.

Kevin
Administrator

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:56 am

Nexus S is for Sprint only (the CDMA radio won't work on AT&T's GSM network).

The Android phones for AT&T aren't that great, they won't even be getting the Galaxy S II phones next month. Infuse gets you LTE (at $200) and I think the Atrix is better now after a few updates (and only $100).
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.

Kevin
Administrator

Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:52 pm

My bad, AT&T will get the Galaxy S II, it's Verizon that doesn't have one in the works.
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.

Flatland_Spider
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:47 am

The Nexus S 3G has been available for AT&T for a few months now. The Nexus is weird in that Google doesn't sell it through the AT&T store, and you have to buy the phone through Best Buy. Google keeps pretty quiet about the phone, so the best place to get information about it is to check the Google Nexus website.

Nexus S Best Buy

Nexus S Google Homepage