found 2 day picture was missing on my CF card

What you see is what you get, including photography, displays, and video equipment.

Moderators: Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

found 2 day picture was missing on my CF card

Postposted on Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:43 am

Hi Guy,

i lost 2 day of my picture on one of my CF card , initially i use Picasa to import the picture into my pc then later i reliaze 2 day of picture with scene was missing. and further worse thing was i ask Picasa to delete after import successful.

I try to use a s/w call photorec_win to recover but without luck , any advice on this ?
mghong
Gerbil Team Leader

Re: found 2 day picture was missing on my CF card

Postposted on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:30 pm

Google "CF card data recovery" and then comb through the results. You may have to try more than one option before finding one that works with your specific card.

A CF card has an IDE disk interface on the front end, so just like a hard drive, it has an onboard controller and different devices may not behave exactly the same when attempting a recovery operation. A USB converter or some other translator device can also complicate things, so if nothing else works, find a CF-to-ATA conversion dongle and try connecting it directly to an IDE port and see if it talks better that way.
He who laughs last, laughs first next time.
ludi
Gerbil Elder

Re: found 2 day picture was missing on my CF card

Postposted on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:30 am

ludi wrote:Google "CF card data recovery" and then comb through the results. You may have to try more than one option before finding one that works with your specific card.

A CF card has an IDE disk interface on the front end, so just like a hard drive, it has an onboard controller and different devices may not behave exactly the same when attempting a recovery operation. A USB converter or some other translator device can also complicate things, so if nothing else works, find a CF-to-ATA conversion dongle and try connecting it directly to an IDE port and see if it talks better that way.

I will try it out ..thank for the guide
mghong
Gerbil Team Leader

Return to Visual Haven