Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Steel, notfred

VuLCaNxVET
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

How do u create a functioning bridged connection?

Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:11 pm

ok here's another for back up.I want to make a bridged connection for my ACER ASPIRE ONE witch is like a netbook and is what Im limited to.how would i make a good connection for my PS2 and that it doesn't time out?(if possible for the computer and the wifi that i want bridged).If u need system information for the computers capacity to do this properly and/or have steps for how to modify the computers setting or even trustworthy programs then that would be a big help for me.

notfred
Maximum Gerbil

Re: How do u create a functioning bridged connection?

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:27 am

It's not very clear from your question exactly what you are trying to do, but I don't think you are really looking for bridging.

If I understand it, you have a netbook with wifi and a PS2 with a wired ethernet connection. What you need is a router that does wired and wireless. I would check the reviews at smallnetbuilder.com for a decent one.

Mentawl
Gerbil Elite

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:36 am

Or optionally, do you only have WiFi access and are looking to use the netbook's WiFi bridged to the wired port for the PS2?
i7-8700k @ 4.7ghz | MSI Krait Z370 Gaming | nVidia GTX1080 | 16gb DDR4 3200 | 2x SSDs 1x HDD | Antec Solo II | Dell U2713HM

EV42TMAN
Gerbil

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:19 am

select both connections on the netbook. right click > Bridge Connections done if your still having connection issues get a crossover cable for the link between the netbook and the PS2. but i do agree with the other people a wireless router would be a much better solution. Second thought what is the the wireless connection to on the netbook connecting to?
MCP MCDST MCSA MCTS MCITP
A+ Net+
Intel Core i7-950 Intel DX58SO Mobo 6GB Corsair XMS3 Tri-Channel BFG Geforce 260 GTX
2x 160GB Seagate HDs RAID 0 2x 500GB WD RE3 HDs RAID 0
Built 40K+ systems and still counting

VuLCaNxVET
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:52 am

it is connected to my router.I want to use my router and i only have 1 in one room and my room is across the house.So if i ant use the router,ill use the bridge in my room as a second option.the last time i did,the connection timed out from the server.maybe i did it wrong?