Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

lex-ington
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

NFL 2011/2012 - Week 10

Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:54 pm

I am very sorry, but I had no idea there was a game on last night. I thought Thursday night games weren't starting till American thanksgiving.

Anyways, last week was fun - even though my fantasy players all decided to go into hibernation without telling me.

Oakland s. San Diego is over with the Raiders putting a beat down on the Chagers. I started watching after half-time, but it was a boring game.

Sunday, Nov.13
Jacksonville @ Indy - What a bust of a season this is.
Pittsburgh @ Cincy - Steelers have alot to prove this weekend.
St Louis @ Cleveland - Most useless game of the week
Houston @ Tampa Bay - Stop the run, then what do you have . . . . . and Andre Johnson is out this week.
Denver @ Kansas City - come correct Chiefs!!!
Buffalo @ Dallas - One can hope can't they
washington @ Miami - Lightning may strike the same spot twice, but not in Dolphin land.
Arizona @ Philly - Upset pick of the week. (had to pick something)
New Orleans @ Atlana
Tennessee @ Carolina - The battle of rookie QB's
Baltimore @ Seattle - I really should let Lynch go.
NYG @ San Fran - I honestly don't think the Giants are as good as their record.
Detroit @ Chicago - all the Lions have to do is keep the Bears D on the field
New England @ NYJ - PLEASE Plaxico, just shut up and play. Where is ocho anyways?

Monday, Nov. 14
Minnesota @ Green Bay - This is going to be a massacre.

No more byes from here on, so the points should just be Ri-don-culous the next couple of weeks.

Get those rosters updated peoples!!!!!
. . . this is the digital projection of your mental self. . . .

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Re: NFL 2011/2012 - Week 10

Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:55 pm

lex-ington wrote:
I am very sorry, but I had no idea there was a game on last night. I thought Thursday night games weren't starting till American thanksgiving.

Well, the Thursday night games are on the NFL Network, which has a US cable system penetration rate of approximately zero, so I'm sure that you "crap" disturbers will never see those games.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

lex-ington
Topic Author

Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:14 pm

The funny part is I get the NFL Network, but I get the Thursday night games on TSN that carry alternate feeds from sports stations all over the states. I have never actually seen a game on Thursday nights on NFL Network!!! :-?

paulWTAMU
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:54 am

Jacksonville @ Indy - WTH happened to the Colts? Seriously?
Pittsburgh @ Cincy - Steelers have alot to prove this weekend.
St Louis @ Cleveland - Most useless game of the week. Yeah I agree with sentiment as well as the pick.
Houston @ Tampa Bay - not sure if this is what I *think* will happen but I can hope!
Denver @ Kansas City - Poor broncos
Buffalo @ Dallas - GO BILLS! Seriously, I have a soft spot for underdogs and you don't get too much more underdog than the bills (no playoffs in how long?) vs the cowboys.
washington @ Miami You know, I actually feel sad for Miami and I don't even like them.
Arizona @ Philly - I hate to pick Philly. I despise Vick. But...
New Orleans @ Atlana
Tennessee @ Carolina Not a clue really. Neither team seems all that hot. But I'm still bitter about the Oilers so I'll pick this from spite ;)
Baltimore @ Seattle - Don't know.
NYG @ San Fran - I honestly don't think the Giants are as good as their record.
Detroit @ Chicago - all the Lions have to do is keep the Bears D on the field
New England @ NYJ
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.

flip-mode
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:12 am

Only game I care about is Pitt @ Cinci and I just hope the Bengals keep it really close.

Dalton is a rookie for gosh sake and so is Green! It's nice to have a team with no Palmer, no Ocho, and no T.O.

paulWTAMU
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:45 pm

They're not playing the Texans game on my channels. Instead I'm watching the Buffaloes get slaughtered. Think I'll go do chores or something
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.

lex-ington
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:18 pm

You want to know what happened to the Colts. . . . . . . . the high-powered offense is not there to hide the patheticness called their defense. Other teams are not afraid of that offense this year so they're bringing the pain. The Colts have two exceptional players on the defensive front line - after that :roll: :roll: :roll:

Carolina, Buffalo and Tampa Bay got their *$&^ handed to them this weekend.

I'll go vacuum my house now till the Jets/Patriots game later tonight.

paulWTAMU
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Well, at least the Texans beat Tampa Bay. Shame about the Bills though.They had a good record but they've lost the last 2 games :( I want them to do well...I really do.

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Mike Smith has some giant brass ones. Going for it on 4th and inches on his own 30-yard line in overtime was a gutsy call.

P.S.: It cost the Falcons the game.

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:50 pm

The 0-10 Indianapolis Colts now have a solid two-game lead in the suck-for-Luck race. The Dolphins, Rams and Panthers are all 2-7. The Vikings will be 2-7 after they lose on Monday night.

The Jaguars, Browns, Cardinals, Redskins and Eagles are all 3-6. The Seahawks will be 3-6 if they can hold onto their 12-point lead in the game going on right now.

Given the salary cap concerns, I expect the Colts to try to trade Peyton Manning before his big bonus is due in March.

Of those teams above, the Dolphins, Jaguars and Redskins all desperately need a quarterback. The 4-5 Broncos need help at that position, too. Tim Tebow led them to a victory today completing just 2 of 8 pass attempts.

paulWTAMU
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:24 pm

Tebow is a running back in disguise. It upsets me to see him playing as a QB.

The Colts trading Manning? Only way I see that is if they think he's well and truly done as a player, given how Manning centric the whole team is/was. And hell, maybe he is, I don't know enough about medicine to tell.

lex-ington
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:32 pm

I'ld say the Chiefs led the Broncos to win by playing sucky football. I still think the Broncos should give Brady Quinn a try - he has a much stronger arm than Teboow can ever muster up.

I will be watching intently to what Luck does next week after this Oregon beat down. He looked very Manning-like when they get rattled - they just go stupid and start throwing all over the place. Next week they have Cal whom they should be able to beat handily - but you just never know about these inter-state rivalries.

I still think the Colts should hang on to Manning and try get two more years out of him and shore up that excuse they call a defense. Just use every draft pick for defense.

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:27 am

NFL standings wrote:
AFC East
New England Patriots 6-3
New York Jets 5-4
Buffalo Bills 5-4
Miami Dolphins 2-7

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers 7-3
Baltimore Ravens 6-3
Cincinnati Bengals 6-3
Cleveland Browns 3-6

AFC South
Houston Texans 7-3
Tennessee Titans 5-4
Jacksonville Jaguars 3-6
Indianapolis Colts 0-10

AFC West
Oakland Raiders 5-4
San Diego Chargers 4-5
Denver Broncos 4-5
Kansas City Chiefs 4-5

NFC East
New York Giants 6-3
Dallas Cowboys 5-4
Philadelphia Eagles 3-6
Washington Redskins 3-6

NFC North
Green Bay Packers 9-0
Detroit Lions 6-3
Chicago Bears 6-3
Minnesota Vikings 2-7

NFC South
New Orleans Saints 7-3
Atlanta Falcons 5-4
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4-5
Carolina Panthers 2-7

NFC West
San Francisco 49ers 8-1
Seattle Seahawks 3-6
Arizona Cardinals 3-6
St. Louis Rams 2-7

lex-ington
Topic Author

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:06 am

AFC West and AFC North are the divisions to keep an eye on, especially coming to the end of the season if they are still that close.

Sometimes I feel sorry for these teams with really good defenses, but the offense can't stay on the field long enough to give them a breather. The Vikings have a really good defense, but that sad state of affairs called their offense is killing them. Reverse psychology for Indy though. . . . .they're just sad.