Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

Rakhmaninov3
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Best Buy commercial follow-up

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Best Buy cut the tape before Santa's response to that bitch that stuck iStuff under the tree and drank his milk!

"Well, I suppose I'll just put these Lexus keys back in my bag!"
GO CARDINALS!

Vrock
Gerbil God

Re: Best Buy commercial follow-up

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:37 pm

Uh, what? Wait, nevermind...I don't care.

just brew it!
Administrator

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:46 pm

Vrock wrote:
Uh, what?

That was my initial reaction too.

Vrock wrote:
Wait, nevermind...I don't care.

That was my take as well; and I originally wasn't going to post. But now I feel compelled to ask why you posted in a thread you don't care about. :lol:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:23 pm

just brew it! wrote:
Vrock wrote:
Uh, what?

That was my initial reaction too.

Vrock wrote:
Wait, nevermind...I don't care.

That was my take as well; and I originally wasn't going to post. But now I feel compelled to ask why you posted in a thread you don't care about. :lol:

Because I want everyone to know how much I don't care? LOL. Good question. I usually give people the business for this myself when they do it.

just brew it!
Administrator

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:41 pm

Vrock wrote:
Because I want everyone to know how much I don't care? LOL. Good question. I usually give people the business for this myself when they do it.

PUI?

(I fully admit this may have been a factor in my decision to post in this thread... :lol:)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

bthylafh
Maximum Gerbil

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:04 am

PUI all around, I'll wager.
Hakkaa päälle!
i7-8700K|Asus Z-370 Pro|32GB DDR4|Asus Radeon RX-580|Samsung 960 EVO 1TB|1988 Model M||Logitech MX 518 & F310|Samsung C24FG70|Dell 2209WA|ATH-M50x

Lonewolf08
Gerbil First Class

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:46 am

The series of commercials feature the person showing up Santa's gift selection with Best Buy merchandise and generally being jerks about it with the catch phrase "Watch out Santa!".

I found the commercials annoying too and got a chuckle out of the idea that Santa would counter with "Well I guess you don't deserve this Lexus then!".

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:54 am

None of it is as bad as that f'ing Kohl's commercial that used "Friday" with new lyrics.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

SPOOFE
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:14 am

But Kohl's is an eyesore, so they may as well use an earsore, too.

The worst are Charmin commercials featuring animated bears playing with their exits.

Rakhmaninov3
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:30 am

Just making fun of the snobby Best Buy ads as well as the car commercials that make it look like new cars are a popular Christmas gift even in a tanked economy.
GO CARDINALS!

paulWTAMU
Emperor Gerbilius I

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:51 am

You mean I *shouldn't* expect a new car under the tree? :cry:

Kohl's isn't too bad...just as **** as any other department store, no worse or better than most of them.
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Kohl's is my favorite store for men's clothing. If I have no fashion taste, so be it. :lol:

The Lexus commercials with the red bow around the car are really annoying.

Fighthouse
Gerbil Elite

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:25 pm

There is no Santa Claus
Does not compute

EsotericLord
Gerbil First Class

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Hate those BB ads.

Makes me not wanna go there to be honest.

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Hawkwing74 wrote:
Kohl's is my favorite store for men's clothing. If I have no fashion taste, so be it.

I get nearly everything there. As long as you pay attention to the way the pricing games are played and time your purchases correctly, you can get a few decent brand names for about 5% less than the best sales at other major department stores.
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:54 pm

EsotericLord wrote:
Hate those BB ads.

You mean their prices and accusing every customer of shoplifting by inspecting their bags as they leave isn't enough to put you off the place? It takes **** commercials to keep you away?
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

jss21382
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Rakhmaninov3 wrote:
Just making fun of the snobby Best Buy ads as well as the car commercials that make it look like new cars are a popular Christmas gift even in a tanked economy.

People with money are still spending it, If you were in the class of people that could give a lexus for christmas you're probably unaffected by the "economy". The only people that stopped buying cars for christmas presents were the ones that really couldn't afford it anyways. As far as the economy, If you have a marketable skill it's not a bad time, jobs are plentiful and houses are cheap, the only people I know that are struggling are unskilled labor or people with useless degrees who're unwilling to take a job outside of their degree focus.
X2 3800+ @ 2.3, 2GB Mushkin pc3200, Lanparty Ultra-D, X850XT @ 560/585

EsotericLord
Gerbil First Class

Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:02 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:
EsotericLord wrote:
Hate those BB ads.

You mean their prices and accusing every customer of shoplifting by inspecting their bags as they leave isn't enough to put you off the place? It takes **** commercials to keep you away?

All I said was that those ads made me not want to go to BB, indicating that, in my eyes, its a failure of an advertising campaign. I said nothing about their prices or bag checks.

Chill, dude.

Rakhmaninov3
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:35 pm

jss21382 wrote:
Rakhmaninov3 wrote:

People with money are still spending it, If you were in the class of people that could give a lexus for christmas you're probably unaffected by the "economy". The only people that stopped buying cars for christmas presents were the ones that really couldn't afford it anyways. As far as the economy, If you have a marketable skill it's not a bad time, jobs are plentiful and houses are cheap, the only people I know that are struggling are unskilled labor or people with useless degrees who're unwilling to take a job outside of their degree focus.

No, actually, there are lots of people who used to be in the buy-a-Lexus-for-Christmas category that are no longer employed or nearly as well-off; crappy economy has hit everyone, including the "rich." I don't know whom you know, but I know many people with science and advanced business degrees who cannot find work outside of temp agencies or retail stores--some of them are unemployed completely. I know a neuroscience major who works at an Apple store! I'm a resident physician and nearly all my "spending" money is sucked up servicing my massive student debt; I'm so tired of people thinking I must be wealthy because I'm a doctor that I kinda want to shoot them all.

But I can't afford a gun.

Some will get a Lexus for Christmas, and good for them. But the sheer number of commercials showing people getting cars as gifts is a little ridiculous.

Just sayin'.
GO CARDINALS!

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:45 pm

EsotericLord wrote:
All I said was that those ads made me not want to go to BB, indicating that, in my eyes, its a failure of an advertising campaign. I said nothing about their prices or bag checks.

Chill, dude.

Right, I read that as "I liked BB until this, and it puts me off". Obviously I was wrong and it's not what you meant. I dismiss their ads outright because they make everyone feel like shoplifting suspects.

SPOOFE
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:56 pm

Kohl's is my favorite store for men's clothing. If I have no fashion taste, so be it.

Oh, once inside Kohl's is great. I'm just forever biased because the first time I saw one, it was a giant brown box amidst other stores and it just... didn't... fit.

If it makes you feel better, I probably haven't spent more than eight bucks on a shirt in almost ten years. :)

jss21382
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Rakhmaninov3 wrote:
jss21382 wrote:
Rakhmaninov3 wrote:

No, actually, there are lots of people who used to be in the buy-a-Lexus-for-Christmas category that are no longer employed or nearly as well-off; crappy economy has hit everyone, including the "rich." I don't know whom you know, but I know many people with science and advanced business degrees who cannot find work outside of temp agencies or retail stores--some of them are unemployed completely. I know a neuroscience major who works at an Apple store! I'm a resident physician and nearly all my "spending" money is sucked up servicing my massive student debt; I'm so tired of people thinking I must be wealthy because I'm a doctor that I kinda want to shoot them all.

But I can't afford a gun.

Some will get a Lexus for Christmas, and good for them. But the sheer number of commercials showing people getting cars as gifts is a little ridiculous.

Just sayin'.

Myself and many of the people I know are having our best years ever, in Michigan, where the world is supposedly crumbling around us. I agree, resident pay sucks, but at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel for you, with a big enough income to pay off that massive debt.
X2 3800+ @ 2.3, 2GB Mushkin pc3200, Lanparty Ultra-D, X850XT @ 560/585