Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

lex-ington
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

NFL 2011/2012 - End of seaon apology

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:06 pm

I feel that its necessary to apologize to everyone for what may seem as a crop out since I wasn't in the FF playoffs.

My wife had a miscarriage and then I came down with a terrible flu (given to me by the person I hate the most - my manager). It has been a rough three weeks to say the least.

Things are better now. JAE - I am actively rooting against Tebow (even though the Steelers are getting pounded), and no - I will never try to discredit Jim Kelly for what he has done in Buffalo or the league overall - I just wish the rest of the Florida school QB's could be as successful . . . . . .except Tebow :)

Congratulations to the winners of their respective FF leagues!! As poorly as team did, I feel that this year was one of the better years. There were quite a few players that made themselves known this year

I look forward to a great FF season next year.
. . . this is the digital projection of your mental self. . . .

paulWTAMU
Emperor Gerbilius I

Re: NFL 2011/2012 - End of seaon apology

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:09 pm

yikes. Hope your wife is OK :( We're trying and i can't imagine our reaction to a miscarriage.

I've got a soft spot from the Bronco's, having grown up in Colorado. I'm happy :D

And the Texans won! They're my primary so I'm frigging on cloud 9 right now; we'll see how the Ravens go (I expect us to lose that game).
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.

lex-ington
Topic Author

Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:25 pm

paulWTAMU wrote:
yikes. Hope your wife is OK :( We're trying and i can't imagine our reaction to a miscarriage.

This is probably a topic for a different location, but much of what happens after a miscarriage depends upon you. You will have to be very creative in finding ways of getting her out of the depression she will probably be in. This was my wife's second one. The last time it happened, it took her 3 months to overcome her depression, but now we have a son that will be 6 in April.

I guess it doesn't help that her favorite team - The Steelers - are not looking in top shape. I'm a Colts fan, so on Sundays we don't have much to talk about . . .until the end of the season.

I am impressed with the Giant's defense today. I was disappointed with the Lions efforts.

I have a scathing email to write to a friend who is an AVID Dallas fan. He emailed me mid-season to tell me how my "toilet-bowls" suck so badly, and I couldn't deny it. But now, even with a complete team, the Cowbells couldn't make the playoffs - they're home sitting on their expensive couches watching it all on TV!!!!!!!!!

paulWTAMU
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:03 pm

If you're a Colts fan, I need ot offer my condolences for this past season too :lol: that was just FUGLY.

I dont' know.. we been trying. Lots of sex, no B/c...I dunno, maybe all those illegal groin kicks when I sparred did something.
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:11 pm

lex-ington wrote:
I am actively rooting against Tebow.
The line: 10 completions of 21 pass attempts, 316 yards, no sacks, 2 touchdowns, no interceptions for a QB rating of 125.6...
... 10 rushes for 50 yards, a touchdown, no fumbles...
... and a game-ending 80-yard touchdown pass for an overtime playoff victory. :D

P.S.: Tebow played horribly in the three weeks that you took off from publicly rooting against him.

paulWTAMU
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:53 pm

As a lightweight broncos fan (as long as it doesn't hurt the Texans) I was truly ecstatic and loud/obnoxious watching this game at home :lol:

lex-ington
Topic Author

Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:00 pm

God thing I didn't watch that game. . . . . better yet, good thing FF is over or else I probably would have thrown my phone after looking over Ben's useless stats.

I'll probably watch next week's game though. Maybe if I pull FOR Tebow he will lose?!?!?? :o

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:06 am

Why so much drama about Tebow?

And...sorry to hear about the miscarriage. What a very hard thing for a couple to go through.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:07 pm

Hawkwing74 wrote:
Why so much drama about Tebow?

He passed for 316 yards. With 10 completions, his average was 31.6. The overtime's TV rating was 31.6

That's some serious synchronicity.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/01 ... on-rating/
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.