dymt reloaded

Hang out, sip some ice tea, and shoot the breeze with TR regulars.

Moderators: emkubed, Captain Ned

Re: dymt reloaded

Postposted on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:24 pm

http://catsonfilm.blogspot.com/2011/04/alien.html

Forgive the Angelfire-era page design, but it's Alien from Jonesy's point of view.
Life is hard; but it's harder if you're stupid. Big Al.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:57 am

Dizik wrote:
derFunkenstein wrote:They won't. You'll be lucky to get another Vertex 2 or a response. I can't believe anybody still pays OCZ any attention, as long as this has been going on.
They were actually quite responsive and timely with my last RMA. The guy that I talked to on the phone yesterday said that the chances of me getting another Vertex 2 are slim-to-none, and would be provided a different drive. My guess would be the Vertex 3.

Well here's hoping, adn here's hoping the Vertex 3 does better. :D
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:31 am

derFunkenstein wrote:Well here's hoping, adn here's hoping the Vertex 3 does better. :D
Yeah...about that. See my above post. :x
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.
Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:31 am

In other news, my productivity at work is going to skyrocket. Reddit is now blocked. :cry:
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.
Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Dizik wrote:
derFunkenstein wrote:Well here's hoping, adn here's hoping the Vertex 3 does better. :D
Yeah...about that. See my above post. :x

Oh, whoops, missed it. Sorry to hear it, dude. :(
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:14 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:Oh, whoops, missed it. Sorry to hear it, dude. :(
Actually, things seem to be working out. :)
Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:07 pm

never ever say "i'm just goign to finish that bottle of rum" and dump whatever is left into a glass of soda. it's decieving. there's mroe rum in there than u think.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:31 pm

That's obvious.

I do not envy you the headache you will have when you awake. But for now, rest well and dream of large women.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:10 am

what brand of rum and how aged was it? lie if u must.
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:55 am

i don't feel too bad this morning. A bit of the cotton mouth and a little bit of a headache, but I took some tylenol and drank a glass of water and I'm feeling human again. The rum was Bacardi Oakheart, which is a spiced rum my parents gave me for Christmas. If you like that sort of thing, I highly recommend it...very smooth, and warms you up.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:03 pm

I actually have been meaning to try that (the oakheart, not the random rum and coke--been there, done that).
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.
paulWTAMU
Gerbil Elder

Postposted on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:54 pm

Had a guest lecturer in one of my classes today. He's mainly a research professor and only teaches one undergrad class (Intro to VLSI design) at the very end of a long tree for Computer Engineering. He talked about temperature aware computing, and while nothing was new to me it was still pretty interesting. He also used images from TR on his slides. Specifically images from this article.

Also, he had a keychain Intel guy. In orange! I might've been a little envious. My brother has 2 in yellow from when the Pentium II came out, but neither is keychain sized.
Lenovo W520
IBM dx340
Nokia Lumia 928
Sony a7 with far too many lenses to list or even count
lonleyppl
Gerbil XP

Postposted on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:30 pm

lonleyppl wrote:Also, he had a keychain Intel guy. In orange! I might've been a little envious. My brother has 2 in yellow from when the Pentium II came out, but neither is keychain sized.

Please explain or show/link images to what a keychain intel guy is... color is irrelevant
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:41 pm

I am guessing he means these?

As you're so fond of telling other forum members, GIYF! :wink:
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:51 pm

just brew it! wrote:I am guessing he means these?

thanks!

just brew it! wrote:As you're so fond of telling other forum members, GIYF! :wink:

owned.
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:36 pm

Hmm, when you're bored and work for the state prison print shop, things like this happen:

http://www.wcax.com/story/16663947/pris ... -vsp-decal

Surprisingly, most everyone is able to laugh about it.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:26 pm

This may appeal only to a tight slice of the older crowd here, but based on the box that hit my doorstep today the classic Land's End Hyde Park Oxford is back.

It's been a decade since I've been able to buy these shirts and I'm going to bend the card a bit to stock up against the next inevitable drought. Good thing they last 10 years or so.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:55 pm

Why is it so hard to find a good dark green dress shirt?! I find pale greens, I find ones with patterns...I just want a good solid forest green dress shirt dangit! I've got one that's kind of a workshirt that's in the shade I like but I can't find any actual dress shirts in that shade.

Sorry Ned, your post made me think of shirts :lol:
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.
paulWTAMU
Gerbil Elder

Postposted on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:08 pm

paulWTAMU wrote:Sorry Ned, your post made me think of shirts :lol:

Well, that was the point.

No Forest Green at Land's End, but a whole lot of quality shirts. The ones I bought 20+ years ago would still be in the wardrobe if my gut wasn't in the way.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:56 pm

Captain Ned wrote:This may appeal only to a tight slice of the older crowd here, but based on the box that hit my doorstep today the classic Land's End Hyde Park Oxford is back.

It's been a decade since I've been able to buy these shirts and I'm going to bend the card a bit to stock up against the next inevitable drought. Good thing they last 10 years or so.

Captain Ned wrote:...Land's End, but a whole lot of quality shirts. The ones I bought 20+ years ago would still be in the wardrobe if my gut wasn't in the way.

Why would you drop $50 on one dress shirt? There's plenty of good dress shirts for 50-75% less. Even at Salvation Army or 2nd hand shops sell the creme de la crop brands (Ralph Lauren, Tommy Bahama, Brooks Brothers, Lacoste, Louis Vuitton, Banana Republic, etc). Living in a state (MI) with some of the highest-income cities in the entire nation (#2 bloomfield hills, grosse pointe, farmington hills, etc) - a lot of old people die and their uppity clothes get donated! :-)

But that's okay, i get crazy too... for example, when Tommy Bahama releases their DETROIT TIGERS MLB camp (100% silk) shirt for $250 per shirt, I'm SO there!

Example of same shirt, but different team: http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Men/PRD_ ... +Shirt.jsp
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:43 pm

I can't find things to fit my gorilla torso at thrift stores often enough to make it worth while. I have 60" shoulders, and a long torso for my height. It's a PITA to find stuff NEW.
paulWTAMU
Gerbil Elder

Postposted on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:40 am

My capacitive pen/stylus is finished! I started it at work yesterday while waiting for Windows Update to finish on a computer I was imaging. Took the casing off of an old pen, the copper from a frayed and broken cable and then soldered a bit when I got home tonight and taped it all up. Doesn't look terrible and allows me to write using my laptop's touchpad. Also works on my phone. It's kinda fun.
Lenovo W520
IBM dx340
Nokia Lumia 928
Sony a7 with far too many lenses to list or even count
lonleyppl
Gerbil XP

Postposted on Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:52 am

thegleek wrote:Why would you drop $50 on one dress shirt?

A: It's 100% cotton. This is non-negotiable.

B: Like I said, they last for decades.

C: I just plain like them and they look good on me. Believe me, that's difficult.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:11 am

Captain Ned wrote:
thegleek wrote:Why would you drop $50 on one dress shirt?

A: It's 100% cotton. This is non-negotiable.
B: Like I said, they last for decades.
C: I just plain like them and they look good on me. Believe me, that's difficult.

I'll have to order one for myself to "feel" the difference. I notice the color "blue" is sold out more so then the rest of the color choices (spring green, lilly pink, and white).
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:44 am

thegleek wrote:I'll have to order one for myself to "feel" the difference. I notice the color "blue" is sold out more so then the rest of the color choices (spring green, lilly pink, and white).

If you're looking for a dress shirt that drapes and molds itself to your contours don't bother, as the Hyde Park is preppy body armor. When you move up to the fat boy sizes, all 4 colors are available.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:01 am

Captain Ned wrote:If you're looking for a dress shirt that drapes and molds itself to your contours don't bother, as the Hyde Park is preppy body armor. When you move up to the fat boy sizes, all 4 colors are available.

I imagine I fit in the XL size pool, 17 might be too tight in the neck, so I usually go with 17.5 for comfort. I'm not sure what the other number means (x 33, 34, or 35).
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:20 am

thegleek wrote:
Captain Ned wrote:If you're looking for a dress shirt that drapes and molds itself to your contours don't bother, as the Hyde Park is preppy body armor. When you move up to the fat boy sizes, all 4 colors are available.

I imagine I fit in the XL size pool, 17 might be too tight in the neck, so I usually go with 17.5 for comfort. I'm not sure what the other number means (x 33, 34, or 35).

The second number is the length of the sleeve. You don't buy dress shirts with those two measurements?
i7 860 - GA-P55-USB3 - 8GiB - HD7850 - SSD - 3.64TB HDD - Xonar D1 - U2410 - Win7 Pro x64.
DancinJack
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Postposted on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:19 pm

DancinJack wrote:The second number is the length of the sleeve. You don't buy dress shirts with those two measurements?

20x35 here, and that's a hard size to find these days.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:53 pm

I'm just a little guy. 17x34/35 (5'10" 170lbs - for reference)
i7 860 - GA-P55-USB3 - 8GiB - HD7850 - SSD - 3.64TB HDD - Xonar D1 - U2410 - Win7 Pro x64.
DancinJack
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Postposted on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:11 pm

18" neck and a 34/35 on the arms--the problem is the length of my chest and stomach. I have to get Tall cuts in whatever size shirt I'm wearing (right now an XL usually, but it was even an issue back whne I wore mediums--and trying to find a medium tall cut is a royal PITA).
paulWTAMU
Gerbil Elder

PreviousNext

Return to The Back Porch