Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

Jacu
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

RIP Whitney Houston

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:00 pm

She was a great artist. Her singing was just amazing. I remember her songs so well from my younger years. I have to say that I am saddened by her passing away. I dont know what happened to her between the glory years and now but its just sad. May you rest in peace Whitney.
"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has
been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice." Albert Einstein.

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Re: RIP Whitney Houston

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Drugs are bad... mmmkay.

clone
Gerbil Elite

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:04 pm

Last edited by clone on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neg

thegleek
Darth Gerbil

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:55 am

wikipedia wrote:
Moments after news of her death emerged, CNN, MSNBC and Fox News all broke from their regularly scheduled programming to dedicate time to non-stop coverage of Houston's death.

You know... Who really gives a rats ass... Screw her!

Jacu
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:27 am

Yes, drugs is clearly the ultimate reason for her demise. What surprises me however is the kind of life that she had, especially with that Bobby Brown guy.

He seems completely moronic to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHOc4TEJ ... re=related

These people are totally in different league. I would have never imagined that she would live her life in such squalid company. Let alone give this troglodyte a chance to beat her up when at home. You guys live in the same country and have guns? How can this thug be treating your national treasure like this!? (me getting a bit overboard here...) Of course the ultimate responsibility of our lives is in our own hands. If we have problems no-one else than ourselves can in the end solve them. Seems like she didnt have the strength to do it alone. She would have needed guidance but I guess there wasnt anybody in such a position to be that guide. Her own course was in the end self-destructive. Also, to me it seems this Bobby-guy made everything worse and just leeched fame and money from her. Pearls to the swine indeed.
"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has

been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice." Albert Einstein.