Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Steel, notfred

mdk77777
Gerbil XP

Re: Linksys E3000 Router

Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:58 pm

The 5GHz band works marginally better now, It drops about 5 min after I leave the room instead of immediately.. I didn't get a chance to look into all of the DD-WRT settings (and play with stuff), but I'll keep looking into it. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out a way to boost the range through the software.

Not an expert...but just throwing it out...
Any chance you have other phones (land-lines) or other devices interfering in that spectrum?

I live out in the sticks, so interference is limited. :wink:

druidcent
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Re: Linksys E3000 Router

Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:10 pm

To the AP question. I think the answer is yes.. There are so many options DD-WRT allows you to play with, I'm not at all sure what it can do.. acting as just an AP I think is one of them.. I couldn't tell you how to do it myself...

As to the phone question... Yes, I got some 5Ghz cordless phones to avoid cluttering up the 2.4 GHz band :P.. I did find a post on the Cisco forums which suggested to play around with some of the RTS and other threshold settings.. that seemed to do the trick for the 5GHz band.. but now some of my devices (phone and tablet) can't see the B/G signal.. I'm playing around with that now..