Moderators: renee, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

HowardDrake
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Topic Author

NanoITX

Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:22 am

http://www.mini-itx.com/news/computex2003-1/

I can see the project ideas already beginning to form :lol:
No wonder television's a medium. It's so seldom rare or well done. -Mighty Mouse

etilena
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:23 am

Looks great, any speculation on what might be used to power these things? It would make a really compact media player in a corner. :wink:
*yawn*

JavaDog
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:34 am

I have like a dozen different projects that have been waiting for these boards... Ugh, I'm going to be broke on mods after a while...gotta make something I can sell. :wink:

I REALLY like tha fact that it has the SATA onboard...makes drives easy to install!

Gandolf
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:57 am

that board would probably fit nicely into a old nes system box which would be a pretty cool mod cd tray in the cartriage area ect.

HowardDrake
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Topic Author

Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:12 pm

Gandolf wrote:
that board would probably fit nicely into a old nes system box which would be a pretty cool mod cd tray in the cartriage area ect.

They already did it with a MiniITX board, I imagine a nanoITX board would be a piece of cake :) And Diss if you're following this, I'm :oops:
No wonder television's a medium. It's so seldom rare or well done. -Mighty Mouse

HowardDrake
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Topic Author

Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:00 pm

Just speculation, is that fan header the power source for this? Because I don't see any place else to power it. If it is, that's amazing. You could slip one of these into a 5 1/4 drive bay of another computer :D Now that would be a cool project. Run Linux on the BayBox :D Integrate a 2-port KVM into the case as well.