I need a catch-up on Ivy Bridge info and release dates

Discussion of all forms of processors, from AMD to Intel to VIA.

Moderators: Flying Fox, morphine

I need a catch-up on Ivy Bridge info and release dates

Postposted on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Ok, so I'm trying to figure out whether to price out a new system now or wait till IB CPU's and Z77 boards become available. The biggest reason I have to wait is seeing ASUS's new Z77-ITX board, I've always wanted to have an incredibly compact rig with tons of horsepower in it, but Im feeling the itch for a new system get bigger and bigger as time goes on (and I'm off work for the rest of this week and next week, so I'd say I have time to get my new system exactly how I want it, if I buy it now)

I just want to know when the high-end desktop parts for Ivy Bridge will be released, and how they'll all differ from each other in terms of price, performance, and features. I'm also curious to learn the difference between all of Intel's next-gen chipsets and how they differ from each other, so that I can try to work out in my mind how big of a difference I'll see in performance and overclockability between a 2600K and a rough IB equivilant
internetsandman
Gerbil

Re: I need a catch-up on Ivy Bridge info and release dates

Postposted on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:40 pm

Bump. There's gotta be someone on these forums who can help
internetsandman
Gerbil

Postposted on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Game_boy
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:52 pm

..I'll bite. Ivy bridge is due out mid/late April. Prices will be similar to Sandy Bridge, integrated graphics is up nearly 40% and CPU is up ~10%. All with approx. 12W less TDP for each rung of the ladder.
Here is the only Ivy Bridge review out so far. Chipset features and full list of processor models are a simple google search away.
i5-3570K, ASRock Z77 Pro4-m, Asus GTX660 TOP, 120 GB Vertex 3 Max IOPS, 2 TB Samsung EcoGreen F4, 8GB G-Skill @1.25V, Silverstone PS07B
DPete27
Graphmaster Gerbil
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:15 pm

Game_boy wrote:http://techreport.com/

lol hilarious!
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Return to Processors