FarCry 3

How we justify all that high-dollar hardware.

Moderator: Hoser

FarCry 3

Postposted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:15 am

Anyone else here seriously looking forward to this? Something about the previews has me feeling like the story and the entire feel of the game is going to kick ass. Anyone have word on why you wouldn't want the game, short of it being an Ubisoft and im sure DRM ridden :P.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

i5-2500K|Asus P67 Sabertooth|16GB Corsair 1600|MSI 7850 2GB|250gb Evo 840|Corsair 400R|ET750w PSU|Logitech G5|Dell 2420L|Corsair Vengeance 1300
Welch
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Gold subscriber

Re: FarCry 3

Postposted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:08 pm

If it sounds good I may eventually give it a whirl. Heck, I just started playing Crysis for the first time, and I'll probably get around to Far Cry 2 eventually (I was a sucker for the first Far Cry, even with its not insignificant mid- and end-game problems). It's rare that I get a game right at release time (like Skyrim).
SPOOFE
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Postposted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:06 pm

I have been looking forward to this since I saw the first trailer.
Back to being some guy in a funky shirt on a tropical island saving a girl. Wooo!

And Spoofe, FC2 was nothing like FC.. I personally was let down by the game, couldnt get into it. Crysis with a few mods though.. Epic!
Applecrusher
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:43 pm

oh man. remember that sweet waterfall scene in far cry 1? oh yeah. that was amazing.
sweatshopking
Gerbil Elite
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:48 pm

And Spoofe, FC2 was nothing like FC

That's what I hear, which is why I'll probably get it on a whim when it's uber-cheap at some point in the distant future. However, if I hear FC3 is awesome, I may give FC2 a try first just out of some minor anal-retention that makes me want to play a game series in release order (it's why I played Clear Sky between SoC and CoP, though I didn't finish it... not very good, even with the Complete mods. Still working through CoP though, and loving it).

remember that sweet waterfall scene in far cry 1?

Pretty much every part of the game that wasn't either A: an interior level, B: almost exclusively Trigen as enemies, or C: the last level or two (can't remember if it was all part of the same "level" or not, but basically when you're punted out of the chopper near the end and you wake up surrounded by Trigen with only one gun and way too few bullets... lame) was lots and lots of satisfying fun. I'll never forget when I first got to check out those insane (for the time, and still impressive today) draw distances.
SPOOFE
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Postposted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:50 pm

I played FarCry the original back when it was at a LAN party for... ehhhmmm, borrowing :P. Those days of being 15 and playing at a party are well over so I managed to pickup on the FarCry pack on steam about a year ago for something like 7.99 which got me FarCry and FarCry2 with all of the DLC. I'm hoping to play through them before FarCry3 even though it seems like they aren't related at all.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

i5-2500K|Asus P67 Sabertooth|16GB Corsair 1600|MSI 7850 2GB|250gb Evo 840|Corsair 400R|ET750w PSU|Logitech G5|Dell 2420L|Corsair Vengeance 1300
Welch
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:44 pm

I'm looking forward to FC3. I played the original FarCry a while ago and thought it was awesome, but it doesn't really hold up well today.

I'm playing FC2 now and while I enjoy the combat, the game is so sandboxy that it's not very fun. I don't really understand any of the factions in the game or why I should care about anything.

FC3 looks like they're returning to the FarCry roots of a story-driven shooter, but updating the gameplay of the original FarCry to be more inline with FC2. It looks like it will be worth playing.
"TORTURIS EXUVIAS EUNT"
Phenom X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Sapphire Radeon 6950
TurtlePerson2
Graphmaster Gerbil

Return to Gaming