Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Topic Author

Joe Flacco

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Thinks he's the best QB in the NFL:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77725 ... est-qb-nfl

What a chud.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

FireGryphon
Darth Gerbil

Re: Joe Flacco

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Though you're obviously not paying attention, Joe Flacco wrote:
I don't think I'd be very successful at my job if I didn't feel that way.

He may not be modest, but he has a winning attitude.
Sheep Rustlers in the sky! <S> Slapt | <S> FUI | Air Warrior II/III

Washer
Gerbil First Class

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Was he supposed to say otherwise? He'd be a laughing stock in his locker room if he said otherwise. No matter what he said he was going to be butchered by the media. It's an unfair question, he's in a losing position no matter how he answers it. Who the hell can even make the claim validly and what quarterback wouldn't? The answer is no one. Demand better sports coverage instead of buying in to the male version of Hollywood entertainment style "reporting."

Dposcorp
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Keep saying it and believing it and then make it happen; worked for this guy.
I am a elite QB

gbcrush
Gerbil Elite

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:45 pm

I don't follow football much at all, but I love baltimore and I watched the playoff game where they lost. He really did blow it.

Or rather, let me put it to you this way.

I don't follow football much at all, but in the playoff game where they lost, I was able to call 80% of Flacco's plays.

"Gee, it's First down.I bet you he's going to run it. and he's going to run it with Rice" (check)
"Gee, it's second down, they got two yards out of this. I bet he's going to try and do it better by getting Rice to run up the middle with the ball" (check)
"Gee, it's third down, they're up 3 yards, I guess he realizes he finally needs to pass, and the defense knows it" "Oh, surprise, he didnt connect" (check)

Their defense kept in that game way more that flacco did. And he struts around like a brass peacock too.
Sabina - i7-3930k | P9x79 Pro | PH-TC14PE w/ 2x TY-140 | 16GB DDR3-1600 1.25V | 2x Samsung 830 256GB | GTX680
Circe - Disconnected and Disconcerted

chasscF1
Gerbil Team Leader

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:30 pm

Dposcorp wrote:
I am a elite QB

Yeah except he had already won a super bowl and got the mvp trophy. Joe hasn't come close to what Eli had done at that point in his career.
Ahhhhhhh!

Dposcorp

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:39 am

chasscF1 wrote:
Dposcorp wrote:
I am a elite QB

Yeah except he had already won a super bowl and got the mvp trophy. Joe hasn't come close to what Eli had done at that point in his career.

One trophy and MVP does not automatically make everyone elite. They said that about Rodgers @GB and Drew B with the Saints, but didnt say it about Eli.

It took a second super bowl win and mvp to make people say it, and some people still wont admit it.

Walkintarget
Gerbil Team Leader

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:43 am

Well duh, that's just wrong !! Everyone knows that Ryan Leaf is the best QB, but he chooses to not play in the NFL since he has better things to do with his time. :wink:
AMD Ryzen R5 2600x, Asus Prime x470 Pro, Sapphire Nitro Fury 4GB, HP EX920 512GB NVMe SSD, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, 4TB WD Red HDD, Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Ed, Win 10 Pro

druidcent

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Washer wrote:
Was he supposed to say otherwise? He'd be a laughing stock in his locker room if he said otherwise. No matter what he said he was going to be butchered by the media. It's an unfair question, he's in a losing position no matter how he answers it. Who the hell can even make the claim validly and what quarterback wouldn't? The answer is no one. Demand better sports coverage instead of buying in to the male version of Hollywood entertainment style "reporting."

I'm pretty sure Peyton Manning could make the argument he's the best in QB in the league.. possibly Brees, but I'm pretty sure that it'd go to PM

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:35 pm

druidcent wrote:
I'm pretty sure Peyton Manning could make the argument he's the best in QB in the league.
Only if he is healthy. Otherwise, you'd have to look at Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady and Drew Brees.

Dposcorp

Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:48 am

JustAnEngineer wrote:
druidcent wrote:
I'm pretty sure Peyton Manning could make the argument he's the best in QB in the league.
Only if he is healthy. Otherwise, you'd have to look at Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady and Drew Brees.

See that is exactly what I meant. Out of the QBs mentioned (Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and PM), only Brady has more Super Bowl Wins & and he has the exact same number of SuperBowl MVPs
as Eli Manning, but Eli was not mentioned in your group.

Brady
3× Super Bowl champion (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX)
2× Super Bowl MVP (XXXVI, XXXVIII)

(MVP Deion Branch, Wide Receiver, was the MVP of XXXIX)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl ... ayer_Award

I think Eli loves it that people think he is meh and that it drives him even more.

cphite
Graphmaster Gerbil

Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:56 am

Captain Ned wrote:
Thinks he's the best QB in the NFL:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77725 ... est-qb-nfl

What a chud.

He isn't saying anything that the vast majority of other professional quarterbacks wouldn't say - if they were being honest. You don't get to play at his level without confidence that borders on insane.

Turkina
Gerbil Elite

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:04 am

I am a huge giants fan, and I obviously love Eli for the 2 Super Bowls he has helped win (and his contributions in those games were outstanding). To me, however, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are guys that you have to include in a conversation of the best 5 or 10 QBs of all time - *of all time.* And Eli Manning isn't in that conversation. Those guys put together some of the finest seasons ever, played at a high level for many years, and their individual ability is beyond Eli's.
Of course, with that said, Super Bowl XLII was the greatest NFL game I have ever seen, and I doubt I will see a better game in my lifetime.

druidcent

Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:12 am

The only reason I put PM as the best, is when he was out for the season, a perennial playoff team (when was the last time the Colts didn't win their division without PM?) tanked so hard that they got first pick in the draft this year. When Brady went down, Matt Cassel was able to keep the patriots train moving along, and get them to the playoffs. The same can be said of the Saints (without Brees, they were almost a joke of a team).

While Eli is good (and I considered including him on the list), the Giants tend to make the playoffs more on the strength of their defense than Eli.

Dposcorp

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:25 pm

druidcent wrote:
While Eli is good (and I considered including him on the list), the Giants tend to make the playoffs more on the strength of their defense than Eli.

The person you are describing is Big Ben; 3 superbowl appearances, 2 wins, no MVPs, team with a great defense.

Eli is much better as a pure QB then Ben anytime.

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:47 pm

In the two Superbowls that the Steelers won with Ben the rapist at QB, he played absolutely horribly. In the one that they lost, he played pretty well. After several years in the league, he's actually turned into a good quarterback.