Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

2x4
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

bad_system_config_info win7

Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:40 pm

i set up a password to my computer (only 1 user account) i restarted it to test it, i got a regular passrowrd screen, i entered my new password and win7 loaded up. i turned it off afterwards but now i am getting this blue screen when win7 is starting again. can you guys determin the cause with information provided? also, when i chose system recovery, nothing happened.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/zawodowy_fotograf/

i7 7700K--Gigabyte Z270x--EVGA GTX 1080--32GB DDR4 3200--DELL 4K--Crucial 500GB SSD--WD 2x4TB--Seagate 4TB--G-Drive 3TB (external)
5dmkIII

glacius555
Gerbil XP

Re: bad_system_config_info win7

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:15 pm

I remember something similar happening to me, some years ago, when I also decided to suddenly try to have a password, for fun i guess.

Not sure if it was bad RAM or lousy restart, but i ended up with the same result as you.. And nothing helped, had to do a reinstall :(
Fractal Design Arc Midi|Antec EA-650|Asus P7P55D Premium|Core i5-750|Gigabyte HD6950 unlocked|X-Fi XtremeMusic|24" Iiyama ProLite B2403WS|Logitech Z-5500|Logitech G11|Logitech G9x

RonaRosen
Gerbil In Training

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:54 am

Hey 2x4,
Maybe try getting into windows in Safe Mode when rebooting. You can try safe mode with network but you might still get the BSOD, so better stick to plain old safe mode. although I still got the BSOD if I tried to go in using "safe mode with network". After windows is up go to msconfig, click normal startup and turn everything back on except for any program or application that you think can slow down the system. This worked for a friend of mine. It's a bummer to be forced to reinstall and lose your stuff, I hope you have good backup.
:D Rona
I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them
Isaac Asimov

Arclight
Gerbil Elite

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:58 am

Idk if it'll work since it's password protected, but to save your data you could try to connect it to a working computer and see if you can access it. Just make sure when you do this to set up the boot sequence correctly and not let your drive to be that one the PC boots from.

Good luck.
nVidia video drivers FAIL, click for more info
Disclaimer: All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.