paulWTAMU wrote:Sodom is just gross. I've read the source material and seen part o the movie. There's not talent, just gross out ability. It's sad how many people think it's deep or avante garde. It requires as much artistic ability as shoving my junk downa garbage disposal. It's awful.
Yes, it's gross. Not everything has to be Disney.
There ton's of talent in it!
- It's in the Criterion Collection
- The film is considered a masterpiece by some artists.
- Acclaimed director Michael Haneke named the film his 4th favorite film when he voted for the 2002 Sight and Sound poll
- director Catherine Breillat and film critic Joel David also voted for the film
- A 2000 poll of critics conducted by The Village Voice named it the 89th greatest film of the 20th century
- In 2006, the Chicago Film Critics Association named Salò the 65th scariest film ever made
- In 2010, the Toronto International Film Festival placed it at #47 on its list of The Essential 100 films