Blackberry Playbook - Good buy?

Laptops, PDAs, Cell Phones, and all other tech that you carry with you.

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo, David

Blackberry Playbook - Good buy?

Postposted on Thu May 10, 2012 4:50 am

Hi folks. I've been thinking about buying a Blackberry Playbook lately now that it's quite cheap. I'm not fond of gaming on tablets (my PC fills that part), and would use it primarily for watching movies or browsing the web. Any thoughts? Thanks!
The three pillars of my digital life: AMD FX-8350, Google Nexus 7 (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro), Intel Core i5-2450M
ronch
Gerbil Elite

Re: Blackberry Playbook - Good buy?

Postposted on Thu May 10, 2012 6:34 am

Cowboom (Best Buy clearing house) has them for 130 (16GB) if you use the deal mentioned in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry ... -a-722876/

It is an awesome piece of hardware that's a bit behind on the software side, but slowly catching up. I bought a 32GB for $200 and love it. HDMI out is great. The thing is, it becomes exponentially better if you already have a BB phone (OS5 or higher) with bluetooth. Minus that, you'd probably be better served with an Android tab at the same price point.
"No I don't want the Ask toolbar! No I don't want Bing as my default search! No I don't want to make Chrome my default browser!"
"Good grief, man! WHAT are you trying to install on that poor computer?"
"Antivirus."
kvndoom
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Return to Mobile Tech