Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SpotTheCat, Nemesis

DairyCreamer
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Corsair Shoutout

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:49 pm

Just wanted to say Corsair is awesome.

I RMA'd my power supply last week. Expected to get a refurb or OEM PS back, which would have been just fine by me. Got a full retail box instead.

Thanks Corsair!

LiquidSpace
Gerbil In Training

Re: Corsair Shoutout

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:10 am

DairyCreamer wrote:
Just wanted to say Corsair is awesome.

I RMA'd my power supply last week. Expected to get a refurb or OEM PS back, which would have been just fine by me. Got a full retail box instead.

Thanks Corsair!

I sense you're trolling for Corsair.

I bought their crappy m90 mouse, which I hated to no end. after using that piece of crap for two weeks, I called them for a refund and they refused and told it's not possible even though I explained ans said that the mouse is practically unusable and a complete waste of money.

Corsair never again, was severely disappointed with two of their highest end products the M90 and the Vengeance 1500 headset.

DairyCreamer
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:15 am

Certainly not a troll... I can post the RMA details if you want.

If you want a complaint, they didn't cross-ship, which left me without an operable home PC for a solid week.

BIF
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:51 am

DairyCreamer wrote:
...if you want a complaint, they didn't cross-ship...

I just found this somewhat funny. "If you want a complaint" indeed! :lol:

Compton
Gerbil

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:24 am

It's not a bad idea to praise companies when their customer service is decent, because you're gonna hear about it if it sucks.

I recently RMA'd two products: One was an EVGA GPU, the other was an OCZ SSD. Both RMAs were shipped out on the same day, and both replacements were received 10 days later. EVGA says up front you'll get a refurb. OCZ is a little different, but I got a newly packaged product. The OCZ shipped two day air from California, and the EVGA shipped three day ground from California. I've heard horror stories about OCZ's RMAs, but they got mine out quick. EVGA is great if you register your product ahead of time.

Welch
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri May 11, 2012 3:08 pm

LiquidSpace... you've got all of but 3 posts here....

I too can attest to Corsairs badass support/warranty. I've had to send back 1 stick of ram that was well over 4 years and got beaten to hell in my laptop (in and out of -40*F weather without waiting to warm up) with EVERYDAY use for that 4 years. 1 of the sticks finally died and they did cross ship. Then recently I had a Corsair HS1A headset that had a weak point in the support portion of the earphone that broke. Dreading the support call, I was pleased to get an American who only wanted to know the approximate date of when I purchased the headset and from where. I didn't need a full on receipt and in a few seconds he said "Sure, not a problem, I'm email you an RMA number now". BAM, just like that. They sent me a full retail of BOTH items, and the HS1A was upgraded in my case to a Vengeance 1300.

So.... no trolling here, Corsair is the absolutely pinnacle of warranty support. I'm not afraid to tell them that because its what keeps me coming back to them and purchasing their products to include in my customers systems.

Liquid, I'm curious if you understand how the world works... Why would Corsair give you a refund for a product that they didn't sell to you? They sold it to another retailer, who you then bought it from. What exactly was your reasoning for hating the Vengeance 1500??? Some people hate it because the "Setup" and getting the mic to work, and it doesn't work with their current sound card and blah blah blah... Its a USB headset, hence it runs on its own built in sound card. This is why I went with the 1300. The 1500 does have its uses for people with a crappy sound card or they prefer to have similar sound setups when bringing the headset from one system to another. Otherwise its been touted as one of the most comfortable headsets ever made by many professional reviewers. The only downside to these headsets is if your looking for some extremely rich bass, which they don't deliver on. As for the M90... I don't know what to tell you, I've never tried it, but sounds to me like a personal preference thing as you've provided no valuable feedback on why it was "Unusable"

So please sir, take your kid gamer "Trolling" name calling stuff with you out of these forums if you don't plan on provided non-offensive feedback. These forums have been a haven for mature computer enthusiast for far to long to have to deal with sophomoric BS like that.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

1600x | Strix B350-F | CM 240 Lite | 16GB 3200 | RX 580 8GB | 970 EVO | Corsair 400R | Seasonic X 850 | Corsair M95 / K90 | Sennheiser PC37x

morphine
TR Staff

Fri May 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Welch wrote:

Give the man/woman a break. If it happened, it happened.
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

Yeats
Gerbil XP

Fri May 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Welch wrote:

I too can attest to Corsairs badass support/warranty. I've had to send back 1 stick of ram that was well over 4 years and got beaten to hell in my laptop (in and out of -40*F weather without waiting to warm up) with EVERYDAY use for that 4 years. 1 of the sticks finally died and they did cross ship. Then recently I had a Corsair HS1A headset that had a weak point in the support portion of the earphone that broke. Dreading the support call, I was pleased to get an American who only wanted to know the approximate date of when I purchased the headset and from where. I didn't need a full on receipt and in a few seconds he said "Sure, not a problem, I'm email you an RMA number now". BAM, just like that. They sent me a full retail of BOTH items, and the HS1A was upgraded in my case to a Vengeance 1300.

So.... no trolling here, Corsair is the absolutely pinnacle of warranty support. I'm not afraid to tell them that because its what keeps me coming back to them and purchasing their products to include in my customers systems.

Liquid, I'm curious if you understand how the world works... Why would Corsair give you a refund for a product that they didn't sell to you? They sold it to another retailer, who you then bought it from. What exactly was your reasoning for hating the Vengeance 1500??? Some people hate it because the "Setup" and getting the mic to work, and it doesn't work with their current sound card and blah blah blah... Its a USB headset, hence it runs on its own built in sound card. This is why I went with the 1300. The 1500 does have its uses for people with a crappy sound card or they prefer to have similar sound setups when bringing the headset from one system to another. Otherwise its been touted as one of the most comfortable headsets ever made by many professional reviewers. The only downside to these headsets is if your looking for some extremely rich bass, which they don't deliver on. As for the M90... I don't know what to tell you, I've never tried it, but sounds to me like a personal preference thing as you've provided no valuable feedback on why it was "Unusable"

So please sir, take your kid gamer "Trolling" name calling stuff with you out of these forums if you don't plan on provided non-offensive feedback. These forums have been a haven for mature computer enthusiast for far to long to have to deal with sophomoric BS like that.

1. necro

2. liquidspace is vacationed/banned for hate-mongering... it hasn't been here for a month.

Welch
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri May 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Necro... lol, seems that the forums are crawling these days because it was on the first page and not that far down. I don't bother to look at the dates generally because for the most part the top 15-20 are usually less than 2-3 weeks old.

1600x | Strix B350-F | CM 240 Lite | 16GB 3200 | RX 580 8GB | 970 EVO | Corsair 400R | Seasonic X 850 | Corsair M95 / K90 | Sennheiser PC37x

morphine
TR Staff

Fri May 11, 2012 5:01 pm

Welch wrote:
Necro... lol, seems that the forums are crawling these days because it was on the first page and not that far down. I don't bother to look at the dates generally because for the most part the top 15-20 are usually less than 2-3 weeks old.

Ugh, yeah, missed that too. Read "May" instead of "Mar".
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Fri May 11, 2012 6:10 pm

My experience with Corsair's RMA process wasn't fun.

There was a lot of runaround with their support group before they agreed to an RMA for my totally-dead Corsair Force SSD. After I shipped it to them, they kept it for much longer than promised before sending me a replacement. The replacement SSD (apparently refurbished) was defective. :evil:
· R7-5800X, Liquid Freezer II 280, RoG Strix X570-E, 64GiB PC4-28800, Suprim Liquid RTX4090, 2TB SX8200Pro +4TB S860 +NAS, Define 7 Compact, Super Flower SF-1000F14TP, S3220DGF +32UD99, FC900R OE, DeathAdder2

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Fri May 11, 2012 6:40 pm

Yeah, I had to RMA a Force3 a couple of months ago.

For all the flak OCZ receives, the Corsair RMA was like pulling teeth in comparison.

I will be buying cheap SSD's from now on. RAID1 cheap SSD is better than Single Intel SSD for peace of mind.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

Welch
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Sat May 12, 2012 1:57 am

JustAnEngineer wrote:
My experience with Corsair's RMA process wasn't fun.

There was a lot of runaround with their support group before they agreed to an RMA for my totally-dead Corsair Force SSD. After I shipped it to them, they kept it for much longer than promised before sending me a replacement. The replacement SSD (apparently refurbished) was defective. :evil:

Wow, that sucks to hear. I have been considering a Corsair SSD for my current rig. I can't say that I have any experience with the SSD RMA process. What was the warranty on your drive and how did they justify giving you a hard time about it, or why rather?