Machine is here finally! First impressions are very positive so far!
1. It is actually quite a reasonably proportioned machine (2.6kg or so) given the power it is packing. It is quite similar to the mainstream 15.6'' notebooks in form factor, and nowhere as chunky as a "typical" gaming notebooks. The power brick is quite big though.
edit: Actually, calling the power brick "big" does not do it justice. It is MASSIVE
2. Display is quite good. Viewing angles are reasonable, much better than budget panels, and screen resolution is awesome (1080p) and as promised in the specs, it is non-glossy (i.e. matte). Not quite sure about the color accuracy, but I dont really know how to test that.
3. Keyboard is reasonable. No flex noticeable. Keys are flattish but do have some feedback and are not mushy. Touchpad is so-so but I plan to use an external mouse mostly anyway.
4. Build quality is average overall, but the DVD drive's bottom has a lot of flex.
5. The front status LEDs are a bit annoying.
6. Battery is only 49WHr which is a disappointment.
7. The exteriors are not bad. The pictures do not do it justice. From the pictures, I was fearing a garish flaming exterior, but actually the color tones used are quite subdued. Not exactly a work of art, but will do just fine in any situation including office situations.
8. GPU details: Nvidia control panel reports 384 CUDA cores, 810 MHz, 2GB GDDR5 clocked at effective rate of 4GHz with a 128-bit memory interface, giving a memory bandwidth of 64 gigabytes/sec. Optimus is enabled. Ships with driver version 295.10.