Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Re: Diablo III

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:58 am

Well if you look at the 1.0.3 notes prices are going down dramatically for crafting. I am actually questioning why they are going down because that would mean after 1.0.3 prices on squares on the AH would be really, really low. Ruining the gem economy.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:04 am

They're going to have to lower the drop rates on gems pretty much across the board. I paid like 28-30g each for squares. I got around 27 squares of all 4 types and I'll combine them once 1.0.3 hits I'll start combining. That would get me a single radiant square, but I'll probably just use them for twink characters.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:46 am

derFunkenstein wrote:
lower the drop rates

Yeah I am guessing that they will lower the drop rate to offset the lowered price. Grab 'em while you can!
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

allreadydead
Gerbil

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Good to know someone at least noticed what I typed :)
Gem drop is common in inferno act1 (dunno about rest of inferno. Cant survive it long enough to see drops :) ). Even they lower it, one could just combine them to get flawless square.
The higher rated gems are not getting cheaper tho. So, ppl will keep using flawless squares I think.
Oh btw, commodities AH is back with 1.0.2 fix patch, aka 1.0.2b. Along with something one would call a "nerf" to barbarian; The skills and skills runes that rely on critical hits to trigger won't be getting triggered IF that critical hit is already coming from a triggered effect... I hope it's english enough :) ie, you land a critical hit with cleave and that triggers scattering blast rune of cleave skill. that rune knocks the target back and does %60 weapon damage where the monster lands. That means, another hit. IF that is critical too, before patch it could trigger another skills rune that rely on crit hit; like Battle Rage's Bloodshed. Blizz says this chain critting would even cause client crashes....

So, no crit chains anymore :\

edit: Battle.net patch notes about 1.0.2b
[email protected] GHz, Noctua C14 to keep it cool, ASUS Z68-V PRO/GEN3, 2x4 GB DDR3-1600 G-SKILL RipjawsX, EVGA GTX970 SSC+, Seasonic X750W (no coil whine, yay), 1x256GB Samsung 830 SSD, 2xSamsung 1 TB RAID 0, 1x2 TB WD Green, NEC 7173-S, Enermax Chakra

Looking for Knowledge
Darth Gerbil

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:27 pm

Finally started playing. I really like the shared storage.
Probably PUI. Definitely an كافر

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:20 am

Ugg...farming and more farming.....So my monk needs to switch to a 1 hander and shield. Problem is its so hard to judge DPS going from Dual wield. I'm not to worried about stats because I got an awesome shield that has a ton of DEX & VIT with a socket. The problem comes with looking for that "one" 1-hander.

At least the gold is flowing and I am getting decent (not great but good) rares to sell.

If anyone is needing anything, in fact we should start a trading thread or something, list it and I will keep an eye out.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

metalhead
Gerbil Team Leader

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:16 am

Same here, monk also. I've been farming inferno butcher for days now. I'm still using a two handed wep though, all the high dps one handers are priced way too high for me. My biggest problem is knowing what to price my loot to sell for lol.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:27 am

I dont price my loot insanely high or even high, in fact I dont think I have priced anything over 50K even when I know I got a great item for another class.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

thecoldanddarkone
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:43 am

For pricing loot, the best thing to do is use the ah. Try to look up the primary attributes of your gear then price lower than everyone else by a bit, (in some cases 100k) then it will a sell and b not sit in your stash for the next hundred years.
I7 4930k, 32 GB Ballistix DDRL3@2133 , 1.2 TB Intel 750 AIC, 500 GB mx200, Sapphire R9 Fury, asus x79 ws, HP ZR24w, edifier s730
HP Pro x2 612- i5-4302Y, 8 gigs of memory, 256 ssd

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:08 am

tanker27 wrote:
If anyone is needing anything, in fact we should start a trading thread or something, list it and I will keep an eye out.

Don't we all need the same stuff?

• Primary stat
  • Vitality
  • Resist all
If you're not in Inferno, AH gear is dirt cheap and there's an endless supply of it.
If you are in inferno, survivability is everything and gear without at least 2 of those three bullet-points is worthless.

I have become exceptionally bored of inferno farming on my first 60 and will probably stop playing once I have cleared Hell on all five classes (I have 3 characters on 55+ as a result of playing with a few different groups of friends)
The journey to 60 is definitely more fun than the endgame, though.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:13 am

OK the game was running GREAT for me, no server errors or anything. Then I bought a second copy on Saturday so my wife and I could play together. Saturday night was fine, but Sunday night and last night we both started getting kicked off. Argh.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

tfp
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:58 am

Didn't get kicked off last night but it was lagging off and on for everyone in the game.

I now have 2 guys in Nightmere, one in act 2 and one in act 1. It's hard to find a good game but when you do things move pretty quickly.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:58 am

derFunkenstein wrote:
OK the game was running GREAT for me, no server errors or anything. Then I bought a second copy on Saturday so my wife and I could play together. Saturday night was fine, but Sunday night and last night we both started getting kicked off. Argh.

I think Sunday night everyone was having those issues. I was getting kicked off and saw various complaints in general chat.

Chrispy_ wrote:
I have become exceptionally bored of inferno farming on my first 60 and will probably stop playing once I have cleared Hell on all five classes (I have 3 characters on 55+ as a result of playing with a few different groups of friends)
The journey to 60 is definitely more fun than the endgame, though.

Noob question, is 60 the level cap?

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 am

Yep. At 60 the only way to get better is through gear-farming.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:22 am

Chrispy_ wrote:
Yep. At 60 the only way to get better is through gear-farming.

Hmm, to get people to use the real money AH? (assuming they get it off the ground)

Diablo 2 was lvl 99.

tfp
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:40 am

60th is max sounds like WoW, don't worry the cap should go up in a year or so with the next release.

TurtlePerson2
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:46 pm

I haven't been able to play the game since Sunday night. Every time I join a game, I can only play for a few seconds before my lag goes up into the seconds, then I eventually get disconnected. Other games (i.e. CSS) work just fine, but D3 won't let me play. I can't even play single-player. It sounds like some of you were having this same problem before. Is it still going on for anyone else?
"TORTURIS EXUVIAS EUNT"
Phenom X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
XFX Radeon RX 580

thecoldanddarkone
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:22 pm

No, it was playing just fine for me, I was getting slaughtered in act 3 inferno :(, I need a new bow so I can do enough dps.
I7 4930k, 32 GB Ballistix DDRL3@2133 , 1.2 TB Intel 750 AIC, 500 GB mx200, Sapphire R9 Fury, asus x79 ws, HP ZR24w, edifier s730
HP Pro x2 612- i5-4302Y, 8 gigs of memory, 256 ssd

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:23 am

So I am going to quit work and be a professional Diablo III farmer. I wonder what the line entry on Tax forms for that would be? Any accountants out there?

Jesus H. Christ the prices on some of these things! $200 for a shield! $500 for a set piece! You got to be effing kidding me! I was thinking pricing would be much like Team Fortress 2, you know most items are below 5 bucks but this takes the cake. It REALLY is pay-to-win!

WTF has Blizzard done!?

I dont know whether to be upset about it or just ignore it and play my game.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

entropy13
Gerbil

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:38 am

tanker27 wrote:
So I am going to quit work and be a professional Diablo III farmer. I wonder what the line entry on Tax forms for that would be? Any accountants out there?

Jesus H. Christ the prices on some of these things! $200 for a shield! $500 for a set piece! You got to be effing kidding me! I was thinking pricing would be much like Team Fortress 2, you know most items are below 5 bucks but this takes the cake. It REALLY is pay-to-win!

WTF has Blizzard done!?

I dont know whether to be upset about it or just ignore it and play my game.

I just sold an item for $5. LOL

The others aren't being bought yet though, although that's probably because of the time over there in the US...
P67A-GD65 (B3), i7, GTX 570 (GT 630 temp. card), 8GB RAM, 1TB + 500GB, FSP 700W PSU

metalhead
Gerbil Team Leader

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:04 am

Seeing how RNG hates me, I would have to work 80 hours to make $100, if I was lucky lol. I sold my EQ2 warlock for $650 years ago and I still can't believe that.

Looking for Knowledge
Darth Gerbil

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:02 am

I sold a "The Grandfather" for $200 way back when.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:10 am

Anyone sell anything yet for real money? I was just curious if it's only worth trying to sell items near the level cap, or if lvl 20, 30, 40 golds are selling as well?

Forbes had an article that seemed to be well written saying, "college students, this is not a good summer job."
http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml

Looking for Knowledge
Darth Gerbil

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:36 pm

Alright, you guys can tease me if you want.

I've spent a week playing on a guest pass a student gave me (I'm waiting on the full version via Father's Day), have hit level 11 on all classes, and just discovered crafting. I can see where farming for items to scrap, for elements to craft, could end up being a time sink.

Question: If I kill the skeleton king at the end of the pass, will I still be able to go back and play, or does the game shut down until I load the full version?

DeadOfKnight
Gerbil Elite

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Looking for Knowledge wrote:

I've spent a week playing on a guest pass a student gave me (I'm waiting on the full version via Father's Day), have hit level 11 on all classes, and just discovered crafting. I can see where farming for items to scrap, for elements to craft, could end up being a time sink.

Question: If I kill the skeleton king at the end of the pass, will I still be able to go back and play, or does the game shut down until I load the full version?

Do you have to register a bnet account for the guest pass? If so, I see no reason you wouldn't keep your progress.
Intel Core i7-5775c, Asus Maximus VII Formula, Win 10 Pro
RTX 2080 Ti FE, Corsair 2x8GB DDR3-1866, Corsair AX860
Corsair H105, WD Red 4TB x2, Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Alienware AW3418DW, Corsair 450D

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:06 am

If the guest pass works like closed Beta (and it sounds like it) you can re-run that portion of Act I over and over and over. The question remains are you signing in with a B.net account so you can retain your work when you get the full version?
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

lilbuddhaman
Gerbil First Class

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:05 am

Hawkwing74 wrote:
Anyone sell anything yet for real money? I was just curious if it's only worth trying to sell items near the level cap, or if lvl 20, 30, 40 golds are selling as well?

Forbes had an article that seemed to be well written saying, "college students, this is not a good summer job."
http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml

I sold a lvl 60 ring w/ Str, IAS and Resist All for $25.00

I have a theory that on weekends there will be a large number of "casual" players on, and that items around the level 30-50 range will sell very well at $2-10. Gear that has one or two particular stats stacked (but aren't really that good in the grand scheme of things) probably will sell fast.

Once you hit 60, you've got mountains of gear to swim through, and only the extremely good or extremely cheap sells.
I am jaded. I am cynical.

metalhead
Gerbil Team Leader

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:13 am

Yes you can keep running act 1. You will hit a brick wall leveling your crafting though because after a certain level, you go from using Pages of Blacksmithing to needing Tomes of Blacksmithing which are found in Act 2. You can keep looting and salvaging items until you upgrade your key code to the full version then start out with all your goods intact. Fathers day is just around the corner so it seems it won't be much of an issue for you though.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:37 am

So last night I was looking at the RMAH for stuff for my Monk which ended up being a futile attempt.

So I can justify, in my mind, throwing a couple of bucks for a virtual item.......a Starbucks Venti frappechino worth; but honetsly $100, $200, $1000 dollars for an item! That is not justifiable in any shape or form.

I want to meet these people that are willing to pay that.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:44 am

tanker27 wrote:
So I can justify, in my mind, throwing a couple of bucks for a virtual item.......a Starbucks Venti frappechino worth; but honetsly $100, $200, $1000 dollars for an item! That is not justifiable in any shape or form.

I want to meet these people that are willing to pay that.

Is there a way to tell for sure that items are selling that high? I agree with you, it's madness. The forbes article I linked said supposedly professionals (doctors, lawyers) have tons of money and very little time. But if they have such a small amount of time to even play the game, what is the point of buying uber gear?