Bunch of People Quit Blizzard?

How we justify all that high-dollar hardware.

Moderator: Hoser

Re: Bunch of People Quit Blizzard?

Postposted on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:30 am

superjawes wrote:
tanker27 wrote:
They have already stated that Titan will be all new IP.

The best bet would be an addon to SC2, methinks...and that would probably exclude a campaign or rehash old stories. Since WoW is still in full swing, there's no reason to advance the series (since WoW can cover the lore), and since SC has been so popular, a Warcraft RTS would be a direct competitor with it. Not a great position for a full release, unfortunately.

What part of "they have already stated Titan will be all new IP" did you not understand?

CEO Mike Morhaime confirmed that it was a new game and not a sequel to any existing franchises

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_(Bli ... nt_project)
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Wounded Warrior Project
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!
tanker27
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:08 am

tanker27 wrote:
superjawes wrote:The best bet would be an addon to SC2, methinks...and that would probably exclude a campaign or rehash old stories. Since WoW is still in full swing, there's no reason to advance the series (since WoW can cover the lore), and since SC has been so popular, a Warcraft RTS would be a direct competitor with it. Not a great position for a full release, unfortunately.

What part of "they have already stated Titan will be all new IP" did you not understand?

tanker27 wrote:There will probably never be a Warcraft 4 unless they sell the IP or rights to another studio.
Did you forget what you wrote :P

I do apologize for not being as clear on my quoting, though. I was merely referring to Warcraft, as I already understood that Titan is a completely new IP, and aside from being a MMO, will likely be a completely different style as to not compete with their existing titles.
Save yourself the trouble and don't ask why the TV remote is in the refrigerator.
superjawes
Gerbil Elite
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:16 am

I still doubt WC4. But eh. If it does happen I'll probably be 50.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Wounded Warrior Project
tanker27
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:35 am

Well WC3 is kind of just...WC3...I don't think there's been anything quite like it, and I don't think it likely that a fantasy RTS would have a lot of traction. So it's just kind of its own thing.

And that's why I suggested that it (Warcraft 4-ish) might just be a reskin/addon to SC2. To do a proper release would probably take too much time/effort for the income it would generate, but importing units as a SC2 mod would take a lot less time, and it would support SC2 sales (to some degree), and Blizzard is definitely staying behind SC2.
Save yourself the trouble and don't ask why the TV remote is in the refrigerator.
superjawes
Gerbil Elite
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:00 am

tanker27 wrote:I still doubt WC4. But eh. If it does happen I'll probably be 50.

What tanker27 isn't telling everyone is that he turns 48 next week. :lol:
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:24 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:
tanker27 wrote:I still doubt WC4. But eh. If it does happen I'll probably be 50.

What tanker27 isn't telling everyone is that he turns 48 next week. :lol:

LOL no....I am roaring up to the big 4-0 which happens this year though :(
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Wounded Warrior Project
tanker27
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:25 pm

tanker27 wrote:LOL no....I am roaring up to the big 4-0 which happens this year though :(

Pff, 'tis but a dawdle
There are people that embrace the Oxford comma and people who don't. Never get between these people when drink has been taken. I use the Oxford comma and always will. The rest can sod off.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Previous

Return to Gaming