Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, mac_h8r1, Nemesis

TwistedKestrel
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Getting my Monoprice tablet to work properly

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:15 pm

Figure I'd give the gerbils a shot at helping me figure this one out.

I bought a cheap tablet from Monoprice.com on the basis that most people seemed thrilled with what they got for $50. I wanted something to play with, but didn't want to put down the money for a non-tiny Wacom. It's the tablet linked here: http://www.monoprice.com/products/produ ... &p_id=6251

It is manufactured by UC Logic, and it more or less works ... kinda. If I'm using an application that does not have pressure sensitivity, or disable pressure in programs that have it, it works fine. If I use something that IS pressure aware (Paint Tool SAI, MyPaint, GIMP) then it goes crazy - any pen stroke is registered as a rapid series of right clicks on the canvas area.

I'm using the "Dual Screen" drivers off of UC Logics website (I don't have a dual screen setup but the drivers seemed more recent), I initially used the drivers off the CD. I have reinstalled the drivers six ways to Sunday, and I am 100% positive they are installed the way the installer wants them to be. They appear to support Windows 7 64 bit, which is what I'm using. I've got no fancy software installed for my mouse that's interfering with it, I yanked out my mouse for a while to see if that made a difference but it didn't.

Monoprice has offered to RMA it but I honestly don't think the tablet itself is broken. Also tons of people seem to be able to use it fine, so I'm betting on there either being a weird software conflict, or I've configured some obscure setting in Windows 7 that makes it hate tablets.

What say you?

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Re: Getting my Monoprice tablet to work properly

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Could just be a dud. Why not RMA just to see if a replacement works better?
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

just brew it!
Administrator

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:27 pm

They're second to none for cables... I wouldn't go anywhere else for SATA, Ethernet, video, etc. cables; and some people apparently love their wall mounts. OTOH I've not been terribly impressed with most of the electronics I've bought from them.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

TwistedKestrel
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:44 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:
Could just be a dud. Why not RMA just to see if a replacement works better?

Like I said, pretty sure it's not the tablet - I will probably be able to verify this by tomorrow on a Vista machine.

TwistedKestrel
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:41 am

Confirmed that it works 100% fine on another Windows machine.

Sooooo... any ideas?