Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

rogue426
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Anyone bought anything from Dell Financial Services on Ebay

Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:12 pm

I'm thinking about buying a couple of refurbished 2007 FP to flank a U2412M. Their feedback on Ebay is great ,has anyone bought anything from them? The 2007 FP auctions I've watched all seem to go for around $100-110 plus shipping. That seems a lot more reasonable than the $429 for new ones on Dell's site.
ASUS P5B-E,ConroeE6400,2GB Mushkin DDR2 800,
EVGA 8800GTS,Corsair 520HX,Antec 900,WD320 GB,Samsung 204B

Scrotos
Graphmaster Gerbil

Re: Anyone bought anything from Dell Financial Services on E

Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:16 pm

Um. I assume this is just Dell's ebay presence and would then use the same shipping and distribution process as the rest of Dell.

I mean, I've bought stuff from "Dell Financial Services" with my credit line with them, but that's been through the Dell website and via the Dell Outlet. Not ebay. I just can't imagine it'd be any different, though.

Scrotos
Graphmaster Gerbil

Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:19 pm

http://pcworld.about.net/news/Feb202002id85244.htm

Looks like it's legit, if that's what ya mean.

Dieter
Gerbil First Class

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:34 am

I've never purchased anything through their eBay store, but I've purchased LOTS of equipment through DFS in the past. I'd recommend them.

I have had a few issues, whether it be a failed HDD on a laptop, a non-functional keyboard, etc. but Dell always addressed it immediately and there has never been any additional expense. A couple of times they sent me the wrong laptop, but they take care of it quickly and it doesn't cost me anything to exchange, and one time they sent a replacement that was better than what I ordered.

They now have "tiers" of quality of their refurbished stuff. I'd recommend buying from the top tier. Most of the stuff looks/feels brand new. One time I unknowingly purchased from their lower tier and they sent me a laptop that was nasty dirty, but they addressed it quickly.

I'd imagine going through their eBay store you get the same service, but you might also try to go directly through their website. There are often 25-30% off coupons (sometimes on their home page or Twitter feed, email list, but most of the time on deal sites), so you can really find some good deals.

rogue426
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:43 am

Thanks for the replies, I've bought from Dell directly in the past. I was interested to know if anyone had bought from their Ebay presence before, mostly interested in warranty stuff as they offer 30 day from delivery. After looking at Dell outlet they have the same monitors for $169 with a 90 day warranty which maybe a better deal.
ASUS P5B-E,ConroeE6400,2GB Mushkin DDR2 800,

EVGA 8800GTS,Corsair 520HX,Antec 900,WD320 GB,Samsung 204B

TaraHatDFS
Gerbil In Training

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:16 am

I work for DFS and I want to assure you that our eBay store is a wonderful avenue for snagging that great deal on the Dell that you have been looking for! All of the systems in our inventory are highly tested to ensure quality workmanship standards and are visually & diagnostically inspected to ensure full functionality. Products are typically between 1-3 years in age. At DFS, we want our customers to be satisfied and happy with their auction wins- All refurbished systems that are purchased on the DFS eBay store come with a 30 day guarantee! Happy Bidding :D