Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

ordskiweicz
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Olympics - One to watch in track

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:10 am

I am a track/athletics fan. The Games have been great fun to see - but the hype versus what happens in actual events is disturbing.

Bolt was terrific - but I wonder what he could have done in the 200 if he didn't slow down at the end to goof around. (They kicked out badminton players for lack of serious effort.)

David Rudisha was truly amazing - and seems unnoticed for the only track world record set at the games. The man ran ahead, alone and fast for the full 800 - that was real effort that paid off.

It is worth seeing if you have not. This kind of thing is very rare and special.

Scrotos
Graphmaster Gerbil

Re: Olympics - One to watch in track

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:49 am

I thought they kicked out the badminton players due to trying to game the playoff/seeding system and throwing matches to have an easier route to the medal rounds.

Kinda more to it than just "lack of effort" I think. Rudisha was in the pack in the beginning before, I dunno, kicking it into gear after like 200 or 300.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:15 am

It seems like Bolt just wants to make sure he wins and doesn't care as much about records. Very strange.

ordskiweicz
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:14 pm

You are quite wrong Scrotus - Rudisha was always ahead from the very start - even when there was a small pack doing the first 400 in 49. Then he turned on the jets and blew 'em away. (Check it out!)

This was truly amazing.