BF3 HD7970 screen flickers when spawning in and dying

From the pixels, bits, and shaders to the graphic cards that power them. Discuss the latest from AMD and NVIDIA here.

Moderators: morphine, SecretSquirrel

BF3 HD7970 screen flickers when spawning in and dying

Postposted on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:52 pm

i'm getting a really weird issue with my 7970. it runs the game just fine, but whenever i spawn in, or die, or get ressurrected, all three of my screens flicker and the game stutters for a split second. it's almost like the card is changing power states or something. i'm running three individual monitors (separate monitors, not eyefinity). the monitor i'm gaming on is a 27" Apple LED cinema display, connected to the miniDP port. the other two monitors are connected to DVI ports.

does anyone else have similar setups, and observe a similar bug? also, does anyone know how to fix it? it's really getting on my nerves.
moriz
Gerbil XP

Re: BF3 HD7970 screen flickers when spawning in and dying

Postposted on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:16 am

We're talking complete screen powerdown for a second, right?

BF3 has that stupid artistic VHS/EMI interference post-process effect and they overuse that something chronic. Try turning off all the post-processing and seeing if it goes away - could be a driver bug or a slightly corrupt installation.
<insert large, flashing, epileptic-fit-inducing signature (based on the latest internet-meme) here>
Chrispy_
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Re: BF3 HD7970 screen flickers when spawning in and dying

Postposted on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:29 am

I use a 7970 with multiscreen and the game on my mainscreen, no issues at all like you describe. Try updating the driver or reset the 3d settings for the driver to default.
Aphasia
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Return to Graphics