Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, mac_h8r1, Nemesis

Jingles
Gerbil
Topic Author

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 6235 aerials

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:57 am

I picked up a Intel Centrino Wireless-N 6235 and a pair of Tyco aerials/antennas (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-TYCO-Lap ... 1062010788) for my new HTPC build.

So I hit-up Intels web site for the technical documentation to figure out weather the white aerial/antenna plugs into the main or aux connector but it turns out that Intels web site was a little bit useless.

Does anyone know which aerial/antenna plugs into which connector?

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Re: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 6235 aerials

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:26 pm

I'm not sure how much the order matters, since even on a 3-antenna router or desktop wireless card all the antennas are identical and you just screw them in.

For what it's worth this is the system I stick to based on experience with differing laptops and mini PCI-e cards:

1 / TR1 / White triangle / Main
2 / TR2 / Black triangle / Aux
3 / R0 / Grey triangle
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

Jingles
Gerbil
Topic Author

Re: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 6235 aerials

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:01 pm

Cheers Chrispy_!

I like your system, I'll adopt it.

I wasn't sure if the order mattered or not, the only difference is one aerial is longer than the other. I know in some laptops both aerials are the same colour and they are tagged 1 & 2 or Main & Aux, others it's black and white. I'm assuming that the difference in length is just due to the placement of the mini PCI-e cards and the routing of the cables in the laptop.