Desktop Trinity

Discussion of all forms of processors, from AMD to Intel to VIA.

Moderators: Flying Fox, morphine

Re: Desktop Trinity

Postposted on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Where I really expect to see Trinity is in slim MiniITX builds that don't physcally have space for an expansion card.
There are plenty of small, half-height Mini-ITX cases around such as the Antec ISK-300 or the Coolermaster Elite 100 which could easily house a Trinity with an active cooler.

If you were trying to do an i3 build with discrete graphics, you're limited to something like a Silverstone Sugo, Coolermaster Elite 120 or even the Bitfenix one that's so large (For a miniITX case).
I was discussing miniITX builds at the LAN last weekend and there's definitely a market for tiny little boxes that fit in places that won't accomodate a build tall enough for an expansion slot.
<insert large, flashing, epileptic-fit-inducing signature (based on the latest internet-meme) here>
Chrispy_
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Chrispy_ wrote:Where I really expect to see Trinity is in slim MiniITX builds that don't physcally have space for an expansion card.
There are plenty of small, half-height Mini-ITX cases around such as the Antec ISK-300 or the Coolermaster Elite 100 which could easily house a Trinity with an active cooler.

If you were trying to do an i3 build with discrete graphics, you're limited to something like a Silverstone Sugo, Coolermaster Elite 120 or even the Bitfenix one that's so large (For a miniITX case).
I was discussing miniITX builds at the LAN last weekend and there's definitely a market for tiny little boxes that fit in places that won't accomodate a build tall enough for an expansion slot.

Or something like this?
http://www.fanlesstech.com/2012/10/amd- ... lence.html
nVidia video drivers FAIL, click for more info
Disclaimer: All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.
Arclight
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:50 am

Added link to TR's review to first post. TR's articles are the best.
flip-mode
Gerbil Khan
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:49 am

Arclight wrote:Or something like this?
http://www.fanlesstech.com/2012/10/amd- ... lence.html

Heh, that kind of reminds me of these cheap-ass old beaters on the road that can't be worth $500 as scrap, yet someone pays $1000 for the stereo and $2000 on the rims.

Isn't that a $400 HTPC case? I'd probably look for a solution based on a mobile platform with that much money to burn and get an i7 with a 680M instead ;)
<insert large, flashing, epileptic-fit-inducing signature (based on the latest internet-meme) here>
Chrispy_
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Previous

Return to Processors