Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

Arcadean
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Sanyo Tv DP50749, Sound but no picture

Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:22 pm

When I turn on my tv it lights up on the screen but the screen stays a gray color. No picture, not even a faint image. I can still hear the sound from the channels, and I can still change channels. I tried all inputs, each HDMI port, straight cable, usb, pc, etc.
TV model is DP50749
Any help figuring out what is wrong is appreciated.
If you need any more info just ask.

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Re: Sanyo Tv DP50749, Sound but no picture

Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:17 pm

Your problem is that your TV is probably done; the circuitry that manages the picture source has frozen. Before giving up, you can check the manual to see if there is any sort of "hard reset" button hidden somewhere, and you can try unplugging all cables (power, picture, cable, etc.) for a day to see if it will "unstick," and beyond that you can open it up and search for bad capacitors in the same fashion as the Samsung sticky-thread in this same forum.

But given that this model appears to be only a 720P plasma, anything beyond that and you're probably out the same time and money if you just replace it.
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

Arcadean
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Re: Sanyo Tv DP50749, Sound but no picture

Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Thanks for the response. Yeah I figured I would be better off just replacing it. I will try what you mentioned but will probably end up just replacing it.