Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

Dede
Gerbil
Topic Author

When PC starts if does not go into windows...

Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi,

Please help me with the following problem:

When the PC starts, it does not got into Windows, It stops, displays a number of selections and stops.

I must select "normal", Press "Enter", then Windows starts and comes on screen normally.

My O.S.is Windows Me.

Thanks,
dede

wirerogue
Gerbil First Class

Re: When PC starts if does not go into windows...

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:07 pm

it is probably not shutting down properly. that is why it is giving you the boot options.

by the way, way to go rockin the windows me.

Dede
Gerbil
Topic Author

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:34 am

Hi wirerogue,

Thanks for your help.

I am sorry to say: the shutdown is not the cause because the shutdowns are fine.

A friend of mine said he had that problem too and was told to go into something and make a change. It worked, he said, but could not remember how to do it.

Do you or any readers of this post know how to do that? If so, please let me know.

Dede

DancinJack
Maximum Gerbil

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:41 am

Wirerouge is right. The only time I get that selection menu is when my computer doesn't shut down properly. I haven't used ME in ages and I only did as long as I absolutely had to.

If this isn't a work PC or something that relies on ME, have you thought about upgrading your OS? ME is considered one of, if not, the worst version of Windows.
i7 6700K - Z170 - 16GiB DDR4 - GTX 1080 - 512GB SSD - 256GB SSD - 500GB SSD - 3TB HDD- 27" IPS G-sync - Win10 Pro x64 - Ubuntu/Mint x64 :: 2015 13" rMBP Sierra :: Canon EOS 80D/Sony RX100

Scrotos
Graphmaster Gerbil

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:07 pm

You should run scandisk or checkdisk on your C: drive. Go to My Computer, right-click on the C: drive, go to Tools and check the disk that way.

Dede
Gerbil
Topic Author

Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi folks,

I am terribly sorry I did not answer before now. I had trouble with my PC and when I got it going again, I had forgotten my questions! I just reviewed my notes and saw I had not answered you all.

Again. I am sorry for my forgetfulness!

I certainly appreciate your help!

Sincerely,
Dede

P.S. I still have the problem with Windows.