Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

shaq_mobile
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Battlefied 3/ Origin Woes

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:49 am

Go EA!

So, almost exactly a year ago on October 25th I purchased BF3 Limited Edition. I played it. Too much. So I decided that it was time to try and expand my horizons, sell my computer and pick up some new hobbies for a while.

Almost a year later, here I am, trying to see what my new machine can do in BF3, when I happen upon a rude surprise. Apparently, Origin doesn't believe I own BF3 anymore. I can login to my battlelog account, everything is normal, it shows all my stats. If I head over to the "my games" section of origin, it's totally empty. If I check my order history... it's empty. However, if I log into the same account on the EA origin website and check order history, it clearly shows me purchasing my game in October of 2011. Unfortunately it doesn't show my serial, so I can't trick origin into redeeming it.

Has this happened to anyone else? If I can't get this to work, there's no way I'm spending any more money on BF3. So it'd be nice to be able to hop on pew pew just a little bit more.

Ryu Connor
Global Moderator

Re: Battlefied 3/ Origin Woes

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:04 pm

Presuming you're in the US.

In Origin go to Help > Origin Help > Call Me

In my experience the phone support for US residents is not "Bill" from Dubai and they have access to a large swath of tools. They seem more like Tier 2 techs than Tier 1.
All of my written content here on TR does not represent or reflect the views of my employer or any reasonable human being. All content and actions are my own.

shaq_mobile
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:40 pm

I'll give it a shot. I did a lot of research last night on the forums and people said they just got bounced between Origin help and forums. Hopefully I'll have better luck. Thanks!

shaq_mobile
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:01 pm

Wow, well that was an impressive experience. That "Call Me" system is awesome. They called me within 30 seconds of me submitting the ticket, sent me a 15% discount and they think they fixed it. I'll have to go home and see if it's working now. Even if it isn't, I can just re submit and wait for the call. You're right, too, he didn't even have an accent and was very helpful. EA may be ridiculous, but that was the best customer service experience I've ever had with ANY online service.

Ryu Connor
Global Moderator

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Glad it went so well and hopefully he was right about solving your problem.
All of my written content here on TR does not represent or reflect the views of my employer or any reasonable human being. All content and actions are my own.