Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

lonleyppl
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Windows Phone notification LEDS (do they exist?)

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:54 pm

I feel like the title says it all, but just wondering. I love the notification lights on my Android phone, but was considering moving to Windows Phone for my next phone and would really, really miss the notification lights.
Lenovo W520
IBM dx340
Nokia Lumia 928
Sony a7 with far too many lenses to list or even count

Sargent Duck
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Re: Windows Phone notification LEDS (do they exist?)

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:20 am

That's something I miss as well on my LG Windows 7 phone (well, I never had an Android phone before, so I can't really say I miss something I never had).
No matter how bad the new homepage sucks or how bungled the new management is...

To all the original writers/contributors and volunteers, please know that I have nothing but the deepest love for you and the work you've done.

FubbHead
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:33 am

There are two things I really miss on the Galaxy S2, that the good old HTC Desire before it had; one of them are the notification LED, and the other is the optical trackball.

They should be standard on every phone.... :o
Amiga 1200, 68020@28MHz, 4MB+2MB RAM, Conner 80MB harddrive

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:55 am

Huh, I did not realize the S2 was missing the LED. Glad I ended up with the Galaxy Nexus, although I wish the LED would also perform charge status notifications. The Nexus One had a dedicated yellow/green LED to indicate charge status rather than requiring the user to wake up the display.
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

lonleyppl
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:25 pm

ludi wrote:
I wish the LED would also perform charge status notifications. The Nexus One had a dedicated yellow/green LED to indicate charge status rather than requiring the user to wake up the display.

Check out LightFlow Lite on Google Play. It's definitely one of my favorite apps as it allows me to set the notification light colors and flash frequency for all sorts of different events.
Lenovo W520
IBM dx340
Nokia Lumia 928
Sony a7 with far too many lenses to list or even count

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:34 pm

@ludi you should check out Light Flow. Also, since a lot of custom ROMs support different colors for notifications, I wouldn't be surprised if some already support a charging indicator. CM10 currently does not, but I'm sure you could ask for the feature to be implemented.

=Edit=
lonleyppl apparently beat me to the punch while I took my sweet time replying.
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.