Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

dpaus
Gerbil
Topic Author

The economy is FINE, dammit!!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Our company has orders from clients for ruggedized laptops totalling over $350,000 and I CAN'T GET A BLOODY SALES REP FROM EITHER PANASONIC OR DELL TO RETURN MY FRIKKIN' PHONE CALLS!!!

So don't tell me there's anything wrong with the economy!

Thanks for letting me rant, fellow gerbils :-) And if any of you work for either of the mentioned companies, hang your head in shame. Or PM me, whichever...

drfish
Gerbil Elder

Re: The economy is FINE, dammit!!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:44 pm

I have the same but smaller problem with AT&T right now. All I want to do is give them more money but they won't return my calls or emails...

bjm
Gerbil

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Why would you even buy from an OEM retailer? You should just build your own laptops. </stay at home teen who never worked in real IT>

Beelzebubba9
Gerbil

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Funny, I've had the same issue many times lately. I'll send an email to company X's sales department and get no response.

....the I spend a lot of money with their competitors.

MadManOriginal
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:58 pm

dpaus wrote:
Our company has orders from clients for ruggedized laptops totalling over $350,000 and I CAN'T GET A BLOODY SALES REP FROM EITHER PANASONIC OR DELL TO RETURN MY FRIKKIN' PHONE CALLS!!!

So don't tell me there's anything wrong with the economy!

Thanks for letting me rant, fellow gerbils :-) And if any of you work for either of the mentioned companies, hang your head in shame. Or PM me, whichever...

Sounds like a big sale? Even if not, you could always have some fun by contacting their PR department. The other fun way to get a company's attention is to write to the office of the CEO, and cc: as many higher up people in the company as you can get emails for. Registered letters are the hardcore way to do this.