dymt reloaded

Hang out, sip some ice tea, and shoot the breeze with TR regulars.

Moderators: emkubed, Captain Ned

Re: dymt reloaded

Postposted on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:00 am

http://www.rarebookroom.org/

Readable-quality (assuming you know Latin) digital photographs of many of the world's Great Books in their first editions.
It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:44 am

Far over the Misty Mountains cold,
To dungeons deep and caverns old,
[...]
The pines were roaring on the heights,
The wind was moaning in the night,
The fire was red, it flaming spread,
The trees like torches blazed with light.
[...]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tOo2OMUhB8
nVidia video drivers FAIL, click for more info
Disclaimer: All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.
Arclight
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:55 am

grantmeaname wrote:There's less chatter. Even my nintendo friends have nothing to say about it.

QFT. I know several die-hard nintendo fans that... just don't seem to care anymore. I have numerous theories as to why, but it really seems like a trend.
Glorious
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:33 am

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/BaBar ... y_999.html

Time is not symmetrical. There be deeper magic at work here, but I have not the thinks to grasp it.
It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:09 am

Glorious wrote:
grantmeaname wrote:There's less chatter. Even my nintendo friends have nothing to say about it.

QFT. I know several die-hard nintendo fans that... just don't seem to care anymore. I have numerous theories as to why, but it really seems like a trend.

Realize that several people who grew up with a NES, SNES, and/or N64 already have children, and therefore a lot less time to devote to such things...

And as with most new consoles, the biggest games were not released on the same day. Zelda is slated for 2013, I guess (lol, Zelda always gets delayed), but it's going to take a year or two before the games that people, especially Nintendo fanboys, really want are released.
Damage wrote:Don't try to game the requirements by posting everywhere, guys, or I'll nuke you from space.

-Probably the best Damage quote ever.
superjawes
Graphmaster Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:35 am

superjawes wrote:Realize that several people who grew up with a NES, SNES, and/or N64 already have children, and therefore a lot less time to devote to such things...

...and some of us are actually in between children and grand-children right now, but have other hobbies and are having a mid-life career crisis (and therefore have little time for gaming for other reasons).
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:50 am

superjawes wrote:Realize that several people who grew up with a NES, SNES, and/or N64 already have children, and therefore a lot less time to devote to such things...

It's not like they don't have other consoles which they aren't avidly using.

superjawes wrote:And as with most new consoles, the biggest games were not released on the same day. Zelda is slated for 2013, I guess (lol, Zelda always gets delayed), but it's going to take a year or two before the games that people, especially Nintendo fanboys, really want are released.

But, in the case of the people I am speaking of, they were excited for the Wii even beyond Twilight Princess.

JBI wrote:...and some of us are actually in between children and grand-children right now, but have other hobbies and are having a mid-life career crisis (and therefore have little time for gaming for other reasons).

Sure, but if it was something that blatant I would have mentioned it. Again, the people I'm thinking of are still regularly to be found at game-stores on certain Tuesdays. They're just not doing that sort of thing for Nintendo stuff anymore.
Glorious
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:08 am

So basically your argument is similar to what I said: "People changed."

But in addition to that, the WiiU hasn't spun up to be in line with the multi-platform game launches, there aren't that many "great" games yet, and despite the tablet controller, there isn't as much to differentiate the WiiU from other consoles, while the Wii offered something completely different that could not be matched by the 360 or PS3 at the time.

I'm just saying that you shouldn't be surprised if there is little chatter at the moment. Each console release has its own quirks.
Damage wrote:Don't try to game the requirements by posting everywhere, guys, or I'll nuke you from space.

superjawes
Graphmaster Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:28 am

so, I have some prescription decongestants I take when my nose gets plugged really bad. THey're kind of a last resort (mostly because they're more expensive than an OTC) but have never had any side effects until today.

Took one at 7am cause I could not frigging breath, and, well, it unplugged more than I meant it to :evil: And now I'm a shakey, sore, tired mess. But I can breath. Honestly, toss up on if it was worth it.
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.
paulWTAMU
Gerbil Elder

Postposted on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:34 am

Maybe you're getting sick and the additional symptoms aren't side effects from the decongestant.
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:35 am

superjawes wrote:So basically your argument is similar to what I said: "People changed."

Actually, no. If anything, I'm just implying what you just said yourself in the last two paragraphs: there are reasons pertaining to the WiiU that are why there is "less chatter."
Glorious
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:23 pm

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Somebody needs to come up with a way to provide me with an infinite supply of Diet Dr. Pepper.
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.
Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:48 pm

No problem. As long as you have an infinite supply of money.
JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:57 pm

Or...move south and work in the bottling plant. They will be happy to pay you in cases. :D
BiffStroganoffsky
Gerbil Team Leader

Postposted on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:48 pm

Hmm Diet Dr. Pepper. My drink of choice, particularly when it's cut with Kracken rum.
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.
paulWTAMU
Gerbil Elder

Postposted on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:21 pm

paulWTAMU wrote:Hmm Diet Dr. Pepper. My drink of choice, particularly when it's cut with Kracken rum.

Would that be Phil McKracken Rum?
liquidsquid
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Postposted on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:44 pm

liquidsquid wrote: Would that be Phil McKracken Rum?

www.krakenrum.com
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Well the next month or so is gonna be really interesting. Not only are we being sold, my boss broke his hip yesterday and will be laid up for several weeks. I'm the interim department head until he's able to come back to work. Wheee!
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:35 pm

just brew it! wrote:Well the next month or so is gonna be really interesting. Not only are we being sold, my boss broke his hip yesterday and will be laid up for several weeks. I'm the interim department head until he's able to come back to work. Wheee!

May you live in interesting times.

That said, you're already there. Stay nimble and agile and assume the worst from everyone.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:38 pm

We will be watching your career with interest.
He who laughs last, laughs first next time.
ludi
Gerbil Elder

Postposted on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:13 am

good luck JBI!
paulWTAMU
Gerbil Elder

Postposted on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Job search don't fail me now...I'm somehow in charge of setting several statewide policies and no matter what I do I'm going to piss people off :lol: Either that or the policies woudl be so weak as to be irrelevant and thus not fix the concerns...
paulWTAMU
Gerbil Elder

Postposted on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Ugh. Have to work on Friday. This 4 day/week man is quite used to not working on Friday (3rd time in 16 years). It's also a 3:30PM engagement. Those who understand the regulatory business know what that means.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:53 pm

4 days a week? You suck!
paulWTAMU
Gerbil Elder

Postposted on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:09 pm

I would enjoy a 10hr/4day schedule... I wouldn't take Fridays off, though. 3 day weekends are nice, but having a free day on Wednesday always worked out well for me.

superjawes
Graphmaster Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Captain Ned wrote:Ugh. Have to work on Friday. This 4 day/week man is quite used to not working on Friday (3rd time in 16 years). It's also a 3:30PM engagement. Those who understand the regulatory business know what that means.

Black Friday? (sorry, couldn't find a video)
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:08 am

derFunkenstein wrote:
Captain Ned wrote:Ugh. Have to work on Friday. This 4 day/week man is quite used to not working on Friday (3rd time in 16 years). It's also a 3:30PM engagement. Those who understand the regulatory business know what that means.

Black Friday? (sorry, couldn't find a video)

In a way.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:15 am

Courtesy of the Ace of Spades, a replacement for Lorem Ipsum.

Ace of Spades wrote:Bacon ipsum dolor sit amet andouille pork chop tri-tip pork belly chicken capicola strip steak jowl shank meatloaf filet mignon kielbasa pork loin beef ribs sirloin. Shank pastrami capicola brisket beef ribs filet mignon.

Prosciutto corned beef filet mignon brisket turkey. Short ribs t-bone shank hamburger. Tri-tip sausage ham hock pork meatball jerky. Prosciutto corned beef cow ribeye beef sirloin tri-tip chicken pork loin.

Cow t-bone shankle, shoulder bresaola chicken chuck ham. Turducken jerky meatball brisket, drumstick chicken leberkas tail beef ribs prosciutto bresaola tri-tip jowl filet mignon sirloin. Venison 'Food Fight'.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:03 pm

so.... hungry...
SpotTheCat
Gerbilus Supremus

PreviousNext

Return to The Back Porch