Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

AMD Damo
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Re: Got me a project car :D

Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:24 am

MadManOriginal wrote:
The floor mats look fine, they match the lighter colored lower half of the dash.

Also, the engine compartment is cleaner than the wheel wells :D I imagine once you've got it back from your mechanic a nice spiffing up of the exterior is in order.

Haha, the wheel wells used to be clean, I took the car round the block test driving it, around the corner is a dirt road and lots of grass, so I decided to have some fun on the grass, I was interested to see how well the LSD worked, the rears were absolutely caked in mud.

ludi wrote:
How To Build a New Car By Starting With An Old Car, Part XIV in our continuing series...

That's good work, but, wow. I ended up doing about the same amount of stuff on the 2gb Eclipse, and I was really beginning to hate that car by the time I decided to sell it.

Haha, its been a learning project for me and me and my Dad have been spending some quality time together working it out and learning along the way, also a lot of swearing, bloody knuckes and mistakes. I don't think I would sell it just because of the effort put into it, and these cars are worth next to nothing anyways, $2500 tops.

PenGun wrote:
If that tranny is even close to a 4R70W it needs Mercon V. A full flush will be 12 liters.

Its a BTR93LE, wasn't intending on a full flush, just the oil inside the gearbox, I can't be bothered trying to flush the torque converter out at the moment.

I've also taken a bit of a turn in direction for the project, which I will update here when its ready, maybe 2 months from now hopefully.

Random fact about these cars is that they have the same engine management system as the 90s Mustangs, EEC-V.

PenGun
Gerbil Elite

Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:03 am

AMD Damo wrote:
Random fact about these cars is that they have the same engine management system as the 90s Mustangs, EEC-V.

The same as my Mark VIII. Yeah I guess the tranny is not too similar to a 4R70W
Fuji X-E1 Leica Elmar 135 4 XF60mm 2.4 Macro | Zeiss FE 35mm 2.8
http://carnagepro.com
"Everything ... they eat everything, and fear is their bacon bits."

shaq_mobile
Gerbil Elite

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:55 pm

LOL

this is absolutely not what i expected when i saw the title of your thread. :)

either way, best of luck!

AMD Damo
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:40 am

Teaser photo:

BiffStroganoffsky
Gerbil Team Leader

Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:17 am

Egads...! Your tri-y headers mutated some extra appendages! :o

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:23 pm

...and that's when I noticed for the first time that the car uses an inline six. Sweet.

Out of curiosity, are there any good supercharger upgrades for that model?
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:27 pm

BiffStroganoffsky wrote:

Australia remains the land of the inline-6.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:30 am

AMD Damo wrote:
Teaser photo:

Nice looking header! I love inline 6's...it's too bad there are so few of them in cars worth owning these days.

Here's mine, with me looking like an idiot. :)

Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:40 am

Waco wrote:
I love inline 6's...it's too bad there are so few of them in cars worth owning these days.

One of the few inherently-balanced engines. When I was in high school Dad ran Datsun (no, not Nissan, Datsun) Z-cars (pretty much the Japanese XKE) and the engines were very smooth. My one attempt at BritCar, a '73 TR6, still had that same I6 appeal but the badness cooked in by British Leyland at that point could not be ignored (and this was four years before "the shape of things to come").

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:05 am

I very much want to own an I6 drivetrain at some point. Back when I got the Celica, I first searched long and hard for a Lexus IS300 that had a stick shift and wasn't beat to crap, and was for sale at a price a reasonable person could afford. Of course, no such car exists :(
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:14 am

ludi wrote:
I very much want to own an I6 drivetrain at some point. Back when I got the Celica, I first searched long and hard for a Lexus IS300 that had a stick shift and wasn't beat to crap, and was for sale at a price a reasonable person could afford. Of course, no such car exists :(

No, they've all been blown up on mega-Supra dyno pulls that went spectacularly bad.

I agree that there's a beauty in the sound of an I6 when it's pulling hard and being treated well. If only US car culture was more about road racing and less about the quarter mile or Fast & Furious.

Volume-wise, if you want a US-spec I6 longitudinal driving the rear wheels, you're talking BMW will all of the recent QC issues that entails. Old Datsun/Nissan motors are out there but at stupid prices. GM had a vast range of I6 motors but that design ended up under a UPS truck, so that's no good. Jag I6 is in the "if you have to ask" category.

AMD Damo
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:21 am

ludi wrote:
...and that's when I noticed for the first time that the car uses an inline six. Sweet.

Out of curiosity, are there any good supercharger upgrades for that model?

You want positive displacement?

Maybe centrifugal?

How about turbo?

Maybe even a low mount turbo?

I'm staying naturally aspirated because of license restrictions, I'm on probationary license so I can't drive the good stuff like turbos/V8.

The later models, BA from 2002, has an option of factory turbo, which is a damn quick car, and since last year we've got the Mustang's 5L V8, but its factory positive displacement supercharged.

Engine also went DOHC from 2002:

Captain Ned wrote:
BiffStroganoffsky wrote:

Australia remains the land of the inline-6.

Not for much longer, the Inline 6 is on its death bed, come 2016 even if the Falcon survives, the Inline 6 won't, we'd most likely be getting the new V6s from Ford USA, it was certainly going to happen pre GFC in 2008, but the GFC happened and the Australian dollar fell way too low to make it viable.

This engine is so damn smooth, Ford Australia has been doing inline 6s from 1960 to today, so I guess they have it down haha.

Also nice headers Waco, what car are they for?
Last edited by AMD Damo on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:27 am

AMD Damo wrote:
This engine is so damn smooth, Ford Australia has been doing inline 6s from 1960 to today, so I guess they have it down haha.

That's the beauty of the I6. Its base design (assuming a 120 degree crank) places it in perfect primary and secondary balance. It stands to reason that the boffins at Jaguar & Aston-Martin had figured out that big I6 motors could pump some serious HP.

AMD Damo
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:32 am

Captain Ned wrote:
AMD Damo wrote:

That's the beauty of the I6. Its base design (assuming a 120 degree crank) places it in perfect primary and secondary balance. It stands to reason that the boffins at Jaguar & Aston-Martin had figured out that big I6 motors could pump some serious HP.

Anyone who is interested in the engines history from 1960 up until today, Wikipedia has some information on it for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Strai ... tralia_I-6

Might find something you like towards the bottom.

Something I found interesting was Ford USA had a 4.9L I6 in the F series, those engines never made it here to Australia when we had the F series here.

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:52 am

AMD Damo wrote:

Hilariously enough...my 1993 Miata project car. :lol:

It might only have 130 HP or so but it's an absolute riot to toss around an autocross course. :P

Here's me driving it...slowly. Image
Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

AMD Damo
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:33 am

Waco wrote:
AMD Damo wrote:

Hilariously enough...my 1993 Miata project car. :lol:

It might only have 130 HP or so but it's an absolute riot to toss around an autocross course. :P

Here's me driving it...slowly. Image

Haha my cousin has the 1996 version of the Miata, called MX5 in our market, his one has exhaust, intake mods, rebuilt engine stroked out to 2L, higher compression and tunes for premium fuel, not high power figures but its in a car that weighs about 1000kg, so it goes fast.

AMD Damo
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:15 am

:)

vargis14
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:51 am

What a lot of people do not know is a inline 6 has a stronger bottom end then a v-8 since every piston and rod has its own journal along with 7 main bearings over 5 mains on a v-8...plus a v8 has to share each piston/rod journal with 2 rods.

That's how they get soo much horse power out of those toyota I-6 supra engines and i think the super hopped up skylines. The bottom ends can handle way more boost since the bottom end is very very strong.

BTW i am not from Australia but i don't think that low mount turbo would work out too well down under. Hit a big bump and that bad boy would get snapped right off, or cracked beyond repair.
Last edited by vargis14 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
2600k@4848mhz @1.4v CM Nepton40XL 16gb Ram 2x EVGA GTX770 4gb Classified cards in SLI@1280mhz Stock boost on a GAP67-UD4-B3, SBlaster Z powered by TX-850 PSU pushing a 34" LG 21/9 3440-1440 IPS panel. Pieced together 2.1 sound system

bhtooefr
Lord High Gerbil

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:08 am

Inline 6s do have more support for the crankshaft between each cylinder, but it's not all roses.

Due to having a longer crankshaft, harmonics can cause the crankshaft to start bending slightly at higher RPM, requiring more support (reducing the advantage) to keep it straight. The longer block also twists more, affecting the head/block sealing. And, everything that happens to the crankshaft can happen to the camshaft(s), too.

Not saying the I6 is a bad layout, or that those problems can't be worked around, but they do exist. (Typically, except for the packaging disadvantages, the advantages of the I6 layout far outweigh the disadvantages.) Every layout is a compromise.

vargis14
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:22 am

bhtooefr,
I agree with you but the strait 6 is in the majority of semi trucks here in america over a v-8. But since diesels don't rev over 4000 rpms for the most part but the I6 does transfer tons of torque.

My favorite engine design is the flat opposed 4 and 6 cylinders. I have never seen a flat 8 in the flesh but i am sure they have to be out there.
The flat 6 is the main reason the Porsche 911 series is one of the fastest and best handling and driver friendly cars ever produced. Having that flat 6 right over the back wheels gives you great traction and the design of a horizontally opposed engine lowers the cars center of gravity by a good bit = less body roll and adds control.

The 911 GT3 is my dream car....it was a 2012 model with a 3.8-liter 435hp flat six and a top speed just over 190mph. The 2013 GT3 will get a 15hp boost to the normally aspirated 3.8-liter flat six engine with an output of 450 HP - This bump in power is good enough to sprint the car up to 200 mph hopefully.
Hey i can dream can't I ? :lol:
2600k@4848mhz @1.4v CM Nepton40XL 16gb Ram 2x EVGA GTX770 4gb Classified cards in SLI@1280mhz Stock boost on a GAP67-UD4-B3, SBlaster Z powered by TX-850 PSU pushing a 34" LG 21/9 3440-1440 IPS panel. Pieced together 2.1 sound system

shaq_mobile
Gerbil Elite

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:55 am

all this talk about turbos! i wish i had the extra dough around for a turbo on my 383. who expects a turbocharged el camino?

Synchromesh
Graphmaster Gerbil

Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Nice thread but I don't get it. What's the point of spending all this money to refresh a mid-90s milquetoast sedan that's has maybe another 50K miles left in it? I could understand something rare and enthusiast but this is basically a typical grandpa-mobile.

vargis14
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Yep its The OPs project car. I for one hand have been fixing cars at least 8 hrs a day since 1986 and i do not want any project cars thank you very much.

But being from North america i think the OP's car is kinda neat....the last inline 6 cylinder i have seen from ford in the states was in a 80 something pickup. Plus i hate fords...but the I-6 peaked my interests.

BTW how much HP and torque did those things put out new?? Also when did down under cars loose there Balls err i mean HP and torque fall off. Was it 1972-73 like in the united states when they bolted on air pumps and inefficient catalytic converters along with dropping compression ratios into the 8-1 area so engine would not produce as much NOX??

AMD Damo
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:03 am

vargis14 wrote:
Yep its The OPs project car. I for one hand have been fixing cars at least 8 hrs a day since 1986 and i do not want any project cars thank you very much.

But being from North america i think the OP's car is kinda neat....the last inline 6 cylinder i have seen from ford in the states was in a 80 something pickup. Plus i hate fords...but the I-6 peaked my interests.

BTW how much HP and torque did those things put out new?? Also when did down under cars loose there Balls err i mean HP and torque fall off. Was it 1972-73 like in the united states when they bolted on air pumps and inefficient catalytic converters along with dropping compression ratios into the 8-1 area so engine would not produce as much NOX??

My particular car is 162KW @ 4900 RPM and 361Nm @ 3000 rpm when new.

The Inline 6 is still in the new Falcon, its going to be killed in 2016 though, most likely going to have the 3.5L Ecoboost V6 you have in your F150.

70s/80s/90s for V8s in Australia, when our 302/351 Cleveland copped emissions regulations it went down hill, it was only putting out 149KW in 351 form in the XE Falcon, then Ford canned the V8 in 1982 with the XE Falcon and persisted with the I6 instead.

Ford USA did a short run of Cleveland V8s in the early 70s, Australia had them from 1971 to 1982.

Then in 1992 the V8 came back as an imported 5L Windsor in the EB Falcon, the same engine thats in the 90s Mustangs from 1992 to 2002, but they're crap, the Inline 6 makes 164KW in XR6/Fairmont Ghia spec, the V8 makes 175KW but its a lot heavier, so its slower, and they're harder to get power out of, the block is weak, once you start pushing over 300hp, they tend to split, everything is expensive compared to the Inline 6, from engine rebuild kits to heads/exhaust etc.

Synchromesh wrote:
Nice thread but I don't get it. What's the point of spending all this money to refresh a mid-90s milquetoast sedan that's has maybe another 50K miles left in it? I could understand something rare and enthusiast but this is basically a typical grandpa-mobile.

Originally I had my eyes on an E32 7 series BMW, but parts are way too costly and pretty much with the amount of electrics they have, if something plays up, even though I'm an auto electrician, if I need to replace a computer module, its going to cost in the 4 figure range, rather than ring up the wrecker down the road and get a body control module from one of the 50,000,000 E series Falcons they have sitting down there. This particular series of Falcon was Ford Australia's top selling model, so you can pretty much go down to the super market and buy parts for it, lol.

I'd loved an 80s Ford F series or 90s Silverado, but they are just too expensive here, 90s Silverados/Sierras are still asking for $20K plus here, 80s F100s/F250s are all rusty and crap, and still over $10K.

Plus this Inline 6 is very easy to get more power out of it.

Its also satisfying turning spanners on your own cars.

50K miles? I worked on an AU Falcon with 960,000km on the clock, ex taxi on its original engine a few months ago for an electrical problem, these things can typically do 1,000,000km before its new engine time as long as its been maintained, there is a good reason the Falcon is used as a taxi here in Australia.

They don't generally have engine problems, as they're basic engines, these particular series EA-L will blow head gaskets if you don't change the coolant at the specified intervals, or if you run it dry it will blow it right away. They have an issue with the high pressure power steering line as the part that goes into the back of the pump moves about, and eventually it leaks, which leaks right into the alternator, which eats away the slip rings and brushes in the alternator, as you can see in my photos, but Repco has released a revised hose which fixed the problem.

Things like accessories, belts, will go like on any car after time.

With those low mount turbo kits they sit just under the K frame, so you'd have to pretty much fully compress the suspension to damage it, or hit a rock/animal. You can get ones that mount in the engine bay, but that low mount one is the latest in E series Falcon aftermarket goodies.

Synchromesh
Graphmaster Gerbil

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:40 am

AMD Damo wrote:
I'd loved an 80s Ford F series or 90s Silverado, but they are just too expensive here, 90s Silverados/Sierras are still asking for $20K plus here, 80s F100s/F250s are all rusty and crap, and still over $10K.

D00d! You should visit the greater American South. I was always wondering where all those pickup trucks go (US Big 3 sold well over 1.5 million combined every year for over 30 years). Apparently they're rusting in piece everywhere from Alabama to upstate NY. On the road I cannot see anything from behind that gigantic pickup truck butt and many pickup drivers tend to act like complete rednecks on the roads even in MA. Which is why I think pickup trucks should only be sold to people who passed through a neck-check. As in if your neck is red you can't have one.

50K miles? I worked on an AU Falcon with 960,000km on the clock, ex taxi on its original engine a few months ago for an electrical problem, these things can typically do 1,000,000km before its new engine time as long as its been maintained, there is a good reason the Falcon is used as a taxi here in Australia.

That's the thing though. When you buy a car like that you rarely know what the previous owner did to it unless they have a stack of receipts with the car. How do I know? I once bought a Miata (MX-5) with 38K miles on it in good shape. Spent the next summer doing deferred maintenance. That included speedometer cable, valve cover gasket, o-ring job (major PITA), filters, plugs, shocks, other gaskets etc. Considering I don't have my own driveway or garage and I had to borrow my friend's every time you can imagine how much cursing of previous owners was going on every time.

They don't generally have engine problems, as they're basic engines, these particular series EA-L will blow head gaskets if you don't change the coolant at the specified intervals, or if you run it dry it will blow it right away. They have an issue with the high pressure power steering line as the part that goes into the back of the pump moves about, and eventually it leaks, which leaks right into the alternator, which eats away the slip rings and brushes in the alternator, as you can see in my photos, but Repco has released a revised hose which fixed the problem.

The issue with major mileage is not always limited to just the engine. Car chassis has a certain amount of life built-in to it and when you use it up the car becomes fragile. It may bend in the wrong place at the wrong time. Also, other components might wear out. Sure, the car might still run but it won't be pleasant. Taxis tend to be of very basic spec and built specifically for taxi use so what applies to them doesn't necessarily apply to a luxury version.

Of course, I'm definitely not trying to talk you out of this by any means. If you enjoy this sort of thing then keep on keepin' on! What I meant was if I was going to spend so much time and money with a car I'd choose something a bit more special. Not necessarily expensive - just rare and/or significant. But I suppose even regular sedans need love too. After all, they tend to be the ones that are bought quickly on sites like Bring A Trailer nowadays.

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:30 pm

The age and odometer of the car is only half the equation; which car is the other half. My '99 Eclipse had thrown all kinds of parts by the time I sold it at 140k miles (including the front lower control arm/ball joint assemblies, twice, replaced the first time with OE parts under a service bulletin warranty), and the Chrysler-sourced engine could be best described as an oil sieve (numerous sensor and seal replacements). My '02 Celica GT-S, on the other hand, shows no oil leakage whatsoever at 110k and all of the critical suspension components and bushings are intact. The same was true for an '88 Celica GT-S that I ran to 224k -- no suspension work ever, other than struts and alignments, and the only oil leak was from a failed O-ring at the (mechanical) distributor housing.

On the other hand, I've seen the high-pressure power steering hose go out in both the aforementioned Eclipse as well as a '94 Camry I previously owned, and I've performed A/C maintenance on every car I've owned somewhere around the 10-12yo mark. High pressure components simply don't last forever.

AMD Damo
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:43 am

Synchromesh wrote:
AMD Damo wrote:

D00d! You should visit the greater American South. I was always wondering where all those pickup trucks go (US Big 3 sold well over 1.5 million combined every year for over 30 years). Apparently they're rusting in piece everywhere from Alabama to upstate NY. On the road I cannot see anything from behind that gigantic pickup truck butt and many pickup drivers tend to act like complete rednecks on the roads even in MA. Which is why I think pickup trucks should only be sold to people who passed through a neck-check. As in if your neck is red you can't have one.

That's the thing though. When you buy a car like that you rarely know what the previous owner did to it unless they have a stack of receipts with the car. How do I know? I once bought a Miata (MX-5) with 38K miles on it in good shape. Spent the next summer doing deferred maintenance. That included speedometer cable, valve cover gasket, o-ring job (major PITA), filters, plugs, shocks, other gaskets etc. Considering I don't have my own driveway or garage and I had to borrow my friend's every time you can imagine how much cursing of previous owners was going on every time.

The issue with major mileage is not always limited to just the engine. Car chassis has a certain amount of life built-in to it and when you use it up the car becomes fragile. It may bend in the wrong place at the wrong time. Also, other components might wear out. Sure, the car might still run but it won't be pleasant. Taxis tend to be of very basic spec and built specifically for taxi use so what applies to them doesn't necessarily apply to a luxury version.

Of course, I'm definitely not trying to talk you out of this by any means. If you enjoy this sort of thing then keep on keepin' on! What I meant was if I was going to spend so much time and money with a car I'd choose something a bit more special. Not necessarily expensive - just rare and/or significant. But I suppose even regular sedans need love too. After all, they tend to be the ones that are bought quickly on sites like Bring A Trailer nowadays.

The car was sold to a local government from factory, so it would have had a very hard life, I imagine that LSD would have had a workout, lol. Its actually got every service up to 170,000km stamped and done on time in its log book though, then it ended up going to the auctions and someone else had owned it, and carried out some minor work there because the front sway bar bushes are urethane, and it had some aftermarket copy 17" wheels on it, it ended up at the auctions again then the guy I bought it off, had bought it and drove it for a long time, eventually selling it to me.

Its been in an accident or two, there is no damage to the chassis rails, but if you look in the engine bay, the car has a sticker and license number of an aircon workshop which did some aircon work on the car in 2001, from a car bought new in 1997 to needing aircon work in 2001, there would have been some sort of minor frontal collision.

The second accident was the previous owner took out a Taxi at Melbourne Airport, has broken clips/bolts in one of the front fenders, it moves in and out when you lean on it.

I wouldn't mind something more special, but due to license restrictions, parts cost and local knowledge I'm fairly limited, I'm actually off my probationary license next year, and I will actually be buying another car, so check back here in March 2014, haha. I'll still have this Falcon though, its a good cruiser.

I love Ford F250s, but they aren't exactly cheap here:

http://www.carsales.com.au/demo/details ... 2-13759642?

Here is the cheapest Silverado for sale in my state:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/deta ... 9-14034342?

Ford F150:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/deta ... 1-13888797?

^ That one is real nice though, and priced decently for what you can immediately see.

vargis14
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:06 am

Sounds like money could be made shipping low mileage used trucks to Australia via container ships since you do drive on the right side of the road.
Are US trucks/cars heavily taxed or prohibited ?

Shark tank pitch.

Pancake
Gerbil First Class

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:42 pm

AMD Damo wrote:
The car was sold to a local government from factory, so it would have had a very hard life, I imagine that LSD would have had a workout, lol. Its actually got every service up to 170,000km stamped and done on time in its log book though, then it ended up going to the auctions and someone else had owned it, and carried out some minor work there because the front sway bar bushes are urethane, and it had some aftermarket copy 17" wheels on it, it ended up at the auctions again then the guy I bought it off, had bought it and drove it for a long time, eventually selling it to me.

The car would likely have been driven by senior management ie old fart who drives it like a granddad. The main thing about local govt cars is lots of short trips. They're generally not thrashed as that would soon get driver reprimanded. I'm a former LG officer who's beater is an EF formerly owned by LG.

Good to see you've made great progress. Still looking to convert to manual? I imagine you'd have spent quite a few $$$$'s already getting here!

Installing new power steering pump in my EF. I can't believe what local shops (Perth) want to charge me for a new pump $350-$450! Ordered a newie from Ebay for $120...

Turkina
Gerbil Elite

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:55 pm

vargis14 wrote:
Sounds like money could be made shipping low mileage used trucks to Australia via container ships since you do drive on the right side of the road.

Australia is left handed traffic (and right seat drive). I kept walking over to the passenger side of my rental car when I was down there :-/